I didn't click like because they left.
    Rather great forum and people.

PLEASE don't feed the trolls.
    We all wind up paying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

We are all paying now.

In every post at the lower right corner there is " Like | Share " that we can click on. How about just adding DISLIKE to that section so we can let a member know who does not like what he is saying.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

i guess i don't know what's going on cause i tend to stay out of threads that i don't care about...but i have seen a few political threads popping up and i'm guessing there is a connection...there are a few types of threads that never end well and they usually have to do with politics, religion or some other topic that some people tend to feel strongly about and never see eye to eye on (once again i give zero [email protected]#ks about either of those 2 big topics or what others think about them so i tend to stay out of them)...while i don't agree with forum censorship some people need to self-censor by not entering a thread if you don't have thick skin or you can't carry on a debate without realizing that everyone is different and has different views...if it gets to name calling or threatening then that's where i feel the thread should get locked or deleted or members get temporary or permanent bans...this forum is easily the best forum i have ever belonged to and lately it seems that we are losing members for reasons unknown to me...another forum i belong to has an "off-topic stuff" section as well as a "controversial topics"...maybe this is an option that should be considered...cause maybe a highly political thread shouldn't be in the same section and a post your pet photos thread cause they don't bring the same type of banter...as far as GaryL's idea i have also seen rating systems for members on some forums where right next to your forum name there would be a # of likes and a # of dislikes which would kind of help to weed out the trolls but this system can also be abused pretty easily if 2 people grow dislike each other and just find all that persons posts and dislike as many as they can find, it can get ugly sometimes...so now you have newer members avoiding other members just due to some stupid difference between 2 people about one topic...GaryL's idea of just adding a dislike button and then being able to go to that person's profile and be able to see how many dislikes to how many likes they have received and given is pretty similar, the only difference is being able to see these stats right next to your forum name on every post you make...not sure what the right way to go is but i think the admins/mods have done a great job here so let's let them handle it how they see fit
    Last edited by Point37; 07-07-2014 at 09:18 AM.

I wish this was a TW ONLY forum. The web is pretty large, spew you off topic discussions on the appropriate forums elsewhere. This use to be my favorite forum!

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    I think there is still a lot of very good discussion about TW's here and like others I believe one can stay clear of the threads that one is offended by. I have not been on this forum long and early on got involved in conversations that went down the rabbit hole. Now if a thread heads in that direction I just practice coitus interruptus and disengage. Our on-line personalities and world view show up pretty quick.

What I am really offended by is that everyone uses my 40 year old handle to describe despicable individuals that purposely cause aggravation... just kidding... LOL

I used to check into the forum multiple times a day to "check-in", help if I can and to respond to other posts or ask questions. I now check in just a couple of times a week due to the active topics section turning into something comparable to the comments section below any online news article. I'm not being run off by the current crowd, I'm just choosing how much involvement I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbanflood View Post
    Borneo, Qwerty and now ZDiver.
    Boreno and I still exchange e-mails and are hooking up later this summer for a Hoosier/Buckeye get together, don't know why Qwerty left, he liked to stir it up as well....Boreno left, as he told me, because he got tired of the Pussies that couldn't handle the exchange of ideas in the Off Topic, not because anybody hurt his feelings....hopefully I can talk him back into here, and I suspect once the weather turns ugly and riding and outdoor activity slow down, he will return.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links