Political rants
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Political rants

Political rants

This is not an appropriate site for political rants. We all have opinions about things , I do not need to know what yours are. I believe the intent of chopper charles when he initiated this site was to promote discussion of motor cycles, not any bodies political beliefs. Perhaps it is time for the moderators to step in as they did with tobaco (back on the old site) . thanks rw
    troll and Wingnut like this.

"We all have opinions about things, I do not need to know what yours are." -yet it seems you think we need to know what yours are.
    I think I understand your feelings but the way you said it made me laugh.
    I hope I do not offend you but please realize that advocating censorship is itself a politcal rant.

The last I looked all the political stuff was in the Basement, where it belongs.

However.....

You won't hear anything political{or otherwise} out of me until at least Wednesday or Thursday .... Off to a wedding, see some old friends, have a few drinks, then down to Brown County{IN} with the wife for a few days....Keep the Lid on it guys
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 07-19-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    ZDR1, rmcglad55 and Concho like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

OFF Topic= Want to talk about something other than the TW200? This is the place for any and all discussions under the sun.
    rmcglad55, Concho and GaryL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    ................. please realize that advocating censorship is itself a politcal rant.
    Well said!
    Mel, Concho, troll and 1 others like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by canyonlock View Post
    This is not an appropriate site for political rants. We all have opinions about things , I do not need to know what yours are. I believe the intent of chopper charles when he initiated this site was to promote discussion of motor cycles, not any bodies political beliefs. Perhaps it is time for the moderators to step in as they did with tobaco (back on the old site) . thanks rw
    rw,

It's great to have someone back from the old site. Tobaco was a nutcase and was rightfully purged from being able to post. The posts that are political in nature on this site are on the bottom dwellers part. Don't take offense as these guys are all great fellows. On the old site, many of the members were liberals and I was the odd man out politically. (I'm a right wing Christian conservative) I am in the majority on this new site but I have a reverse situation on the Triumph website (mostly liberal) that I am a member of and I do not read posts that will aggravate me. Don't go to the bottom if you get offended. Anyway, it's good to know that there are still a few old-timers here that even remember the old site at all.

Rusty
    Last edited by rmcglad55; 07-19-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    ZDR1 and Concho like this.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

2005 Triumph Bonneville T100

Personally, I can read the paper or watch that stuff on TV or other websites all day long. I come here to get away from all that and chill and relax and talk about bikes. I do wish that this was just a motorcycle site. Certainly there must be sites out there where people can post this kind of stuff for everyone that enjoys it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy them here. Two or three folks posting this stuff have caused many members to leave. I hate to see that. I've lost good personal friends here and I really hate that!

If these posts didn't come up in new posts or unread posts daily, we who don't want to read them, wouldn't even see them or know they are there. Make it so a member has to go and click on the off topic section. It's difficult not to read them if they come up in the list automatically.

One other thought. Let's do it the political way, take a vote. This would be fair to everyone.

Have a moderator set up a vote and we all go by the results of that vote.

If more members vote to keep this a motorcycle content website only, then that's what it becomes.

If more members vote for politics/off topic/rants, etc, then it stays just as it is now.

Moderators, can we take a vote on it please. It seems that is the only fair way to do it. Otherwise folks get mad and leave. The more folks leave, the less people click and buy from the links on the website and the less the owners of the website make. There will be more folks leaving unless something is done.

How about it? Set up a poll and let's take a vote. No one knows who voted what and your name isn't posted for what side you voted.

Seems fair to me, does it seem fair to you? To vote on it?
    cabinetmaker likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Lets not advocate censorship littletommy. This thread should have been in the basement. You are one of the top posters on this site and I believe that I've probably read every one of your posts. (WOW) I remained a loyal member of the old site after I was scolded but I chose not to read posts by certain individuals. Lets not leave the site over something like this.
    Concho and Hoot Gibson like this.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

This is my last post on this subject. EVERYONE please try not to be offensive!!!!!!!!!
    Concho and troll like this.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

Again someone posting complaints about political stuff in the general discussion "which is a tw related forum" forum while complaining about non tw related stuff being posted in the off topic section. If its in the off topic section that means its not tw related. All of the other forums are tw related.
    Concho and Hoot Gibson like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links