• 2 Post By BadBob
  • 2 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 1 Post By small's
  • 1 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 1 Post By small's
  • 1 Post By ZDR1

Thread: Back from Brown County{Indiana}

Back from Brown County{Indiana}

Headed out Saturday, wife and I headed to Muncie{think Ball State University} for the wedding of my best friend's{we were best man in each others weddings} Daughter....great service{meaning it was short and quick} and the reception was downstairs in the old Masonic Hall in downtown Muncie...so didn't have to leave the place...headed back to the Super 8 about 9pm{getting old sucks}...left Muncie in the morning and headed the extra 115 miles to Nashville in Brown County...a artsy little tourist haven that is know for the Arts and the fall colors come October....hundreds of cabins to rent all year round, and the wife and I choose one build in 1860, with bathroom/shower and Kitchen added in the 50s....Hot Tub and Deck later on....great 3 days, good weather, warm, but cool with the wood surrounding...plenty of wildlife and the remoteness was quiet except for the jets on the Tub and the Scarlet Managers and other critters...

The only problem I had, and it didn't amount to much, was some asshole Weekend Warrior Harley Riders.....I was leading a pack of about 10 vehicles heading west into town on Sunday, when a group of Harley's Warriors decided it was time to pull out on Indiana 46....about 10 of the 15 made it when I arrived...fuck the rest and I continued on rather than be rear ended by the vehicles following...well one little asshole and his babe decided to Stop in the middle of the road to let his remaining "gang" out...the guy behind me passed on the right, I looked at the little bastard and cut to the left, pissing him off...guess he figured he was a Harley Dude with Babe and he owned the road...my turn was about a mile down the road...so I slowed down put on the turn signal....one guy and his 'babe" passed close to my Nitro and she gave me the one finger salute, I waved and put the mega horn on as the rest passed....they all continued on....

And this is why I always carry on trips, regardless of legalities....and those assholes are why so many bikers that ride in packs "Buy It"....not everybody knows what the Hell they are doing, and if you stop in the middle of the road, with a bunch of vehicles running about 60mph behind you....you are going to lose....

Anyway that was the only "fly in the ointment" and the rest of the time was relaxing as it could be.....

Photos of me and the wife "Roughing It"

Brown County 2.jpgBrown County 6.jpgBrown County 8.jpgBrown County 12.jpg
    Fred, BadBoy and ZDR1 like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Looks like a great get away place . Weddings are always nice. That the lovely bride relaxing in the tub reading about how to train the new husband?
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Sounds like a nice trip but hey you know that could just as easily have been a pack of sports bike rider. There is something about riders in packs that bring out the worst in riders. Nice photos. BTW me and the misses were on our way to church last Sunday when a bunch of TW200 riders surrounded us throwing beer cans at us an kicking the car then raced off down the freeway for their next victims. Just kidding.
    Hoot Gibson and BadBoy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Looks like a great get away place . Weddings are always nice. That the lovely bride relaxing in the tub reading about how to train the new husband?
    That lovely bride and I have been married for 37 years....but thanks Fred...My buddies daughter got hitched, me and mine have been married 37 and together for 40...
    Fred and BadBoy like this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

You were in my neck of the woods. Nashville tends to draw all the wanna be hard a!$ Harley riders for some reason.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by small's View Post
    You were in my neck of the woods. Nashville tends to draw all the wanna be hard a!$ Harley riders for some reason.
    Sunday was a Harley aka Wannbee Hell's Angles Festival.....thankfully Monday it was toned down, with just some old fart riders on real nice Harleys{folks my age}...I recommend Sunday thru Thursday on any place like Nashville{IN} and leave out the Friday and Saturday stays....cheaper and less crowded. Did find a nice combo Cigar/Ammo Shop....they had everything in stock except .22 ammo...seems the Government and Hoarders are really buying it up, still.....amazing! I did find some nice .38 American Eagle ammo for a good price, and the cigars were reasonable too
    BadBoy likes this.

Hidden Content

The "men's toy shop" the owner is a really nice guy and he likes guns and all that good stuff. He is a dentist which I would have never guessed by talking to him. His wife runs the shop during the week and he works on the weekends. If you seen a fedex freight semi in Nashville it was probably me. The Brown county state park has some of the best mountain bike trails on this side of the country and this area has some of the best motorcycling in the state. If any of you fellers are ever in the area and want some good riding hit me up and I will point you in the right direction.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by small's View Post
    The "men's toy shop" the owner is a really nice guy and he likes guns and all that good stuff. He is a dentist which I would have never guessed by talking to him. His wife runs the shop during the week and he works on the weekends. If you seen a fedex freight semi in Nashville it was probably me. The Brown county state park has some of the best mountain bike trails on this side of the country and this area has some of the best motorcycling in the state. If any of you fellers are ever in the area and want some good riding hit me up and I will point you in the right direction.
    You didn't happen to bring in a load of Ammo on Monday did you? Come to think of it that was a UPS guy....the guy working wasn't the owner, we talked cigars, guns, ammo, and Vietnam...he was about 60 but said he was working only 2 or 3 days a week....the place is great though, plenty of Ammo, good Cigars, and Right Wing anti Obama, Pelosi, etc T~Shirts

Hidden Content

Between Cabalas and this place I have keep up the stock. http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?co...ock=0&orderBy=
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Between Cabalas and this place I have keep up the stock. http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?co...ock=0&orderBy=
    Decent prices .. but absolutely no .22 of any kind...
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 07-24-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links