E15 Gas on the way
Close

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By GaryL
  • 3 Post By Adam-n-nevada
  • 1 Post By Dark Sol

Thread: E15 Gas on the way

E15 Gas on the way

It's starting to show up at gas stations now. I know this stuff is bad for our motorcycles but they say it will hurt our cars too.

Yippeee!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Oh sure, our worthless congress OK's harmful gas................... But sits on their @$$e$ the rest of the time..................Just great !!!! OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Idiots !!!!

Let's do some Math! E-15 is NFG and no engine manufacturers will honor the warranty if you use the crap. On the other end, there are those here who are perfectly fine with E-10 and think it is good for the environment, economy and does no harm to our engines. Gee Wiz, just a lousy 5% difference makes me want to puke!

I prefer my corn - on the cob smothered with butter or in my beef, pork, chicken, lamb and any other food animal raised on corn. Get it out of my tank or I will vote against your dumbass every election. Go ahead, ask me how I really feel!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I don't understand their justification for swapping one problem for another. Reminds me of why they went from paper bags at the grocers to plastic bags. Either way it hurts the environment. This corn gas will not be good for the economy in the long run and wont really slow oil production down a 0.000001% I wont use it since they will still offer E10 and if you're smart you wont use it either. Even if you think it's a good idea I'd advise waiting a while and let others be the test subjects.
    Last edited by BadBob; 07-25-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Corn is rough on soils. While corn is tasty, it's really not that much of a health benefit - to humans or cattle. Ethanol takes nearly as much energy to make as we get from it. Ethanol production supports GMO corn. Ethanol fuel is less efficient with mpgs. Ethanol factories give off horrible scents - we had one just outside of our college town.

Does any of the above sound good?

I've never liked ethanol.

I wonder if Seafoam is publicly traded?

Ethanol provides a good buzz.

+1 for the fact that it is all GMO garbage.

GMO plants run the risk of creating ecocide on our planet - their toxicity contributes to killing honey bees and monarch butterflies among others. Without them, we're all dead.

People pass GMO plants off as lifesavers, but it's actually the opposite in reality. If you eat them you're eating built-in pesticides and herbicides that are highly toxic, and impossible to wash off. Real (Not bought and paid for) scientific studies show that consuming GMO food leads to tumors, organ failure, and digestive system destruction. Notice how so many people have IBS and other digestive system problems now? This can be blamed on GMO's (And all the other chemicals in processed foods too, but to a lesser degree)

GMO plants work by poking holes in the digestive tract of insects, killing them. It affects us when we eat them too, but obviously we don't die instantly; instead we accrue non-fatal digestive system damage over time. Look at the facts! Inform as many people as you can to help possibly save our species, before this crap gets out of control. Monsanto, Bayer, and a bunch of others are to blame and should be thrown in jail indefinitely.

E-15 and E-10 or even E-1 can go to hell too, of course. Who knows if there is any health risk of burning and breathing fumes from the GMO corn.
    Last edited by Dark Sol; 08-01-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    goldenhtr likes this.
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

Let's toss in the effects on human development from growth hormones fed and injected into meat. Is it any wonder that age of first menstrual cycle is dropping like a rock, with 2nd grade teachers routinely having to deal with bleeding 7-year olds, and middle schoolers having back problems due to child-size muscles and skeletons having to lug around 36Ds. Let's not even mention what those premature hormonal imbalances do to promote the libidos of the affected children, with 5th graders lining up for abortions. Don't look at the big picture, it's scary as hell.

Sponosred Links