Who knew Mexico had a sign?
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Who knew Mexico had a sign?

Who knew Mexico had a sign?

The more I see and read regarding this neighboring country it becomes more and more apparent there must be a sign at the southern border which reads ONE WAY in Spanish with an arrow pointing north toward the US.

Face the facts that we know are true. If an American citizen wanders in to Mexico without the proper papers that American can find himself in a heap of trouble with laws that only seem to pertain to Americans. From the southern border of Mexico it seems as though anyone from any country can walk right across, see that ON WAY sign pointing north and have free access through the entire country all the way to the US and no official will hassle them at all.

Coming to a town near us all is a bus load of minor children who did exactly that and entered our country through Mexico and they are now our problem to deal with. Along with them there were of course all sorts of other thugs, criminals, terrorists and you name it who also walked right through that great neighbor country and right in to ours. We have no border and we have no protection from those who mean us harm. Mexico has a very strict immigration law but it is only enforced against American citizens. In fact, almost every other country takes a very dim view of illegal immigration at their own borders but as long as you say you are going to the USA and are not already a US citizen, they pass you right through.

Well, Well, Well, we do have some honest to God idiots in Washington who are more concerned with their next election than they are with this great country who is paying their salary.

I say, Line up the buses. I will volunteer to drive one and take the kids, teens, adults, criminals and terrorists right back into Mexico from where they came and drop them off. Sure I feel sorry for their plight but they don't seem to want to fix their own rotten countries and would rather drag ours down to a similar status.

Meanwhile, with all of this going on plus a dozen other major world issues and fires to be fought our Congress is about to take a 5 week vacation and our President, as soon as he gets in a few more rounds of golf is heading to Martha's Vinyard for three weeks of R&R on our dimes and lots of them.

You can certainly call this a political rant and get no argument from me. As American citizens all these issues will have a very serious effect on every one of us and sticking your head in a hole will do nothing to save you unless that hole is behind a curtain in a voting booth this November and again in 2016.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    The more I see and read regarding this neighboring country it becomes more and more apparent there must be a sign at the southern border which reads ONE WAY in Spanish with an arrow pointing north toward the US.

Face the facts that we know are true. If an American citizen wanders in to Mexico without the proper papers that American can find himself in a heap of trouble with laws that only seem to pertain to Americans. From the southern border of Mexico it seems as though anyone from any country can walk right across, see that ON WAY sign pointing north and have free access through the entire country all the way to the US and no official will hassle them at all.

Coming to a town near us all is a bus load of minor children who did exactly that and entered our country through Mexico and they are now our problem to deal with. Along with them there were of course all sorts of other thugs, criminals, terrorists and you name it who also walked right through that great neighbor country and right in to ours. We have no border and we have no protection from those who mean us harm. Mexico has a very strict immigration law but it is only enforced against American citizens. In fact, almost every other country takes a very dim view of illegal immigration at their own borders but as long as you say you are going to the USA and are not already a US citizen, they pass you right through.

Well, Well, Well, we do have some honest to God idiots in Washington who are more concerned with their next election than they are with this great country who is paying their salary.

I say, Line up the buses. I will volunteer to drive one and take the kids, teens, adults, criminals and terrorists right back into Mexico from where they came and drop them off. Sure I feel sorry for their plight but they don't seem to want to fix their own rotten countries and would rather drag ours down to a similar status.

Meanwhile, with all of this going on plus a dozen other major world issues and fires to be fought our Congress is about to take a 5 week vacation and our President, as soon as he gets in a few more rounds of golf is heading to Martha's Vinyard for three weeks of R&R on our dimes and lots of them.

You can certainly call this a political rant and get no argument from me. As American citizens all these issues will have a very serious effect on every one of us and sticking your head in a hole will do nothing to save you unless that hole is behind a curtain in a voting booth this November and again in 2016.

GaryL

Yes, assuming there is a someone worth voting for. The election is bought with our tax money. Everyone who is milking a warm government teat will vote to keep that teat warm. It's pretty simple actually. Few people are patriotic enough to vote against their own subsidy.
    Hoot Gibson, Dryden-Tdub and Fred like this.

We should be shooting those who are capable of taking care of themselves but instead steal from the rest of us, whether directly or indirectly by voting for politicians who allow the IRS to steal our property for redistribution.

We should use the military to secure (not close) the border. Live ammo, without prejudice. This is not a kindergarten. We cannot all "just get along." Sounds harsh, but that's they way it has always been, and since we are allowing the exact same things that brought about the ends of other great republics, we are ending our own. To do the same and expect a different outcome is insanity. The founders knew this from their studies of history. Our happily deluded yuppies and their larva won't realize the errors of their ways until the blood starts flowing, and maybe not then, but at this point, it is probably already too late.

r80rt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fielding View Post

Yes, assuming there is a someone worth voting for. The election is bought with our tax money. Everyone who is milking a warm government teat will vote to keep that teat warm. It's pretty simple actually. Few people are patriotic enough to vote against their own subsidy.
    Sadly Fielding, I think both you and I are right about this. That's where we all have to come together and stop this insanity that qwerty speaks of above. Far too many of us long time voters have simply given up because it makes so little difference to do our rightful duty on election day. BS! We have to change that attitude with those who can vote but don't. This comes from within and from all of us. Talk with your friends, your family and co workers and even with those right here who are sick and tired of watching our country be sold out from under us to the highest bidders.

Not for nothing but Democrats have been in control of this country for the most part for more than 50 years now. Look where that has brought us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    Liberal asswipes should just stay home on election days so we can keep them in a country where they still have a few rights and can continue their relentless crying and complaining. They can't see the error of their ways but it is all right out here in black and white and we are swirling around in a toilet bowl cesspool they have created. If anyone here thinks for one minute that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi or Hillary have done anything good for this country, they deserve all that we have lost. You are all welcome to call me out, bring it on but come prepared and tell me what it is that these 3 bozos have done that made America any better. Match that against their bank accounts that have blossomed to many millions at our expense while they had government jobs for most of their adult lives. Can you hear me now?

GaryL
    Last edited by GaryL; 08-02-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

As the guy that kicked off the "political rant thread", I will comment on this one. Disclaimer, my family has lived in southern arizona since 1880. I have lived in alaska for the last 33 years, but visit AZ frequently.

The history of the current hispanic invasion really starts back in the 60's when cesar chavez of the american farm workers union got the Federal Bracero program closed down. The bracero program allowed mexican agricultural workers to come to the states, work legally, and RETURN to mexico with all their money. It has been a catastrophe for the border states since then. Arizona in particular has been hammered for the last 40 or so years, the democrats wanted everybody to come in, the repubs liked the cheap labor. Nothing was done. Eventually it was not agricultural workers, but construction workers that came in. They were skilled hard workers that built phoenix and las veges etc. . Along the way things changed. When I was young, the poor bastard at your rural door had just walked a thousand miles across the desert and all they wanted was a drink of water, maybe some food and some work. They were great people individually, in general there was very little trouble or crime out of them (disclaimer #2 I am in the security business) . That changed of course.

The coyotes got people across the border, but blackmailed them for years with threats to turn them into the law. Then the dope business got more invasive and serious. If you cruise the border now, it is like a light infantry division on manoeuvers, all border patrol. Headed north from Nogales to Tucson, the hiway signs are in spanish, which irritates me. Certainly there are no regulatory signs in mexico in english.

The anchor baby gig is also of concern, we are the only country in the world that a child born here is a citizen, and can bring in all of their family. Many pregnant women come here for that exact reason. The demographics of southern AZ has changed markedly over the years. I make no judgement here about that, you can decide for your self. However, we have had several amnesty laws, they did not solve the problem. I am NOT in favor of another one. My opinion is if you are here illegally, you have committed a felony and we do not accept felons as new citizens. rw

Tell me of another country where the poor and oppressed are willing to give it their all to come? I thought not. We are America. We are the only nation on this planet that was formulated by people fleeing their government's tyranny. Honor your forefathers by opening your borders to those who are in the same situation as those who came and settled this land. These are not the dead beats that peddle their drugs in our inner cities, these are people who are looking for a better life for their children by kissing them good bye and sending them thousands of miles away to a foreign land because of our nation's reputation of humanitarian assistance.

For God's SAKE! These are children! Can you try for even a second to put yourself in the mother's shoes who packed up their little child and spent every dime of their life savings on the hope and prayer that they might have a chance at living??!!! Try it. Close your eyes and imagine a life so horrible that you would send YOUR child or grand child on such a journey.

I think what a shame it is that there is even ONE American who can't open up their heart and home to such as one of these. In a minute I would take in a child who was put into such a condition. Imagine their fear. I raised my kids and I have grandkids. How I would tear my heart out if the best chance for my grand son was, at age 9 years old, send him to another country because things were so bad in my own that it would be their only hope.

Instead of BITCHING about what this means to YOU, give just a moment's thought about what had to have gone into their decision to send a child to America this way. As you sit in your living room tonight, eating a fine, hot meal and watching a large screen TV in HD, with your AC running and a fine warm and clean bed waiting for you, with a fridge filled with fresh food, with 2 cars and a TW200 in your garage, think for a minute about the hard choices these folks are faced with that the best decision for them is to pray to God that an American will put down their fork and their remote control long enough to give a SHIT about their child.

My heart breaks for these children and again for those who are so selfish as to claim to be willing to drive the bus back to the border to leave these people who are asking for a little mercy, a little kindness. I hope God is more merciful than you when he asks what did you do for the children of the world who were suffering.
    troll likes this.

Good it is settled we will send them to Placerville, California!
    Last edited by ZDR1; 08-02-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    Hoot Gibson and howardgene63 like this.

And you can watch you neighborhood go to shit fast, crime rate go sky high, DUI go up, Police officer's getting shot left and right. and the emergency rooms filled to capacity. I have lived in ARIZONA for over 50 years and we our tired of it!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    Tell me of another country where the poor and oppressed are willing to give it their all to come? I thought not. We are America. We are the only nation on this planet that was formulated by people fleeing their government's tyranny. Honor your forefathers by opening your borders to those who are in the same situation as those who came and settled this land. These are not the dead beats that peddle their drugs in our inner cities, these are people who are looking for a better life for their children by kissing them good bye and sending them thousands of miles away to a foreign land because of our nation's reputation of humanitarian assistance.

For God's SAKE! These are children! Can you try for even a second to put yourself in the mother's shoes who packed up their little child and spent every dime of their life savings on the hope and prayer that they might have a chance at living??!!! Try it. Close your eyes and imagine a life so horrible that you would send YOUR child or grand child on such a journey.

I think what a shame it is that there is even ONE American who can't open up their heart and home to such as one of these. In a minute I would take in a child who was put into such a condition. Imagine their fear. I raised my kids and I have grandkids. How I would tear my heart out if the best chance for my grand son was, at age 9 years old, send him to another country because things were so bad in my own that it would be their only hope.

Instead of BITCHING about what this means to YOU, give just a moment's thought about what had to have gone into their decision to send a child to America this way. As you sit in your living room tonight, eating a fine, hot meal and watching a large screen TV in HD, with your AC running and a fine warm and clean bed waiting for you, with a fridge filled with fresh food, with 2 cars and a TW200 in your garage, think for a minute about the hard choices these folks are faced with that the best decision for them is to pray to God that an American will put down their fork and their remote control long enough to give a SHIT about their child.

My heart breaks for these children and again for those who are so selfish as to claim to be willing to drive the bus back to the border to leave these people who are asking for a little mercy, a little kindness. I hope God is more merciful than you when he asks what did you do for the children of the world who were suffering.
    Yep, they are really "Children"...most 15-20 years old and of the Gang Banger Age...without immunizations and bringing in every freaking disease, crime, and sucking up the dwindling resources we have...Yep, send them to Mexifornia, and let that wayward state, once it leaves the union, take care of em'. We may have a heart, but with attitudes like yours we will be just another 3rd world craphole, like they are in less than a decade....

And my apology is in order to all the good people on this forum from California....like Ohio or any other state, we are no better than the idiots we vote to office, and trust me, The Buckeye State has it's share as well, but we are only 11 million as compared to the 30 million in the diamond of the Left Coast...
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 08-03-2014 at 06:30 AM.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post

What you are pleading for is compassion. A very noble thing indeed. However, this nation has tried governing with compassion instead of intellect and it makes for very poor policy. Let us never have cold hearts for the children who are being used as pawns. Also let us not be fooled into thinking that "the plight of the children" was anything other than exactly the response this government hoped for. Sad but true.

Tom

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links