.22 Ammo
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: .22 Ammo

.22 Ammo

Went to Cabela's today to get a scope for my new Ruger American .223 and went down the ammo aisles that normally are bare and was shocked to find full shelves hundreds of Thousands of rounds of .22lr .22WRM and shorts and snake shot. 10551845_10203368763371884_849162956_n.jpg Scope is Cabelas Caliber specific for .223 3-12x40.
    Last edited by ZDR1; 08-02-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Good info , I'll have to check around my neck of the wood's .

I came across a few rounds of Remington Golden LR, some HP, some PHP basically for free. Seems they shoot about the same so no biggy mixing them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I came across a few rounds of Remington Golden LR, some HP, some PHP basically for free. Seems they shoot about the same so no biggy mixing them.
    I have no such luck with my Ruger 10/22. Every time I change bullets I have to re sight the scope for pin point accuracy. I am at war with tiny red squirrels at right around 50 yards. Being an inch off is a complete miss and I can never seem to find the same exact ammo in decent quantities. The rifle shoots just fine with almost any ammo once I get it dialed in but getting the same ammo when I need it is the hard part. Wish I had bought a bunch of bricks back when every store had unlimited supplies. My local stores limit me to 3 boxes of 50 when they even have any.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I have no such luck with my Ruger 10/22. Every time I change bullets I have to re sight the scope for pin point accuracy. I am at war with tiny red squirrels at right around 50 yards. Being an inch off is a complete miss and I can never seem to find the same exact ammo in decent quantities. The rifle shoots just fine with almost any ammo once I get it dialed in but getting the same ammo when I need it is the hard part. Wish I had bought a bunch of bricks back when every store had unlimited supplies. My local stores limit me to 3 boxes of 50 when they even have any.

GaryL
    Garry I just ordered 500 rounds of 22.mag a day before I went to Cabelas if I would of known but I did pick up a box of CCI jhp this place has .22 ready to ship still not cheap but what are you going to do.Paul Ammo-Rimfire - 22LR - Surplus Ammo
    Last edited by ZDR1; 08-03-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Armscor is a USA company that opened up in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post

GaryL
    Gary,

I was in Gander Mountain in Johnson City/Binghamton. They had ammo cans of of CCI minimag .22 ammo. They were 1,600 rounds and I believe they were $120 a box. This is a relatively decent price in this day and age and the ammo is very good. They had probably 25 of these cans Yesterday at lunch time so it may well be worth the trip.

Tom
    ZDR1 and Hoot Gibson like this.

I got a shipment in the mail last week of 4200 rounds of .22 i use a website called www.wikiarms to find ammo in stock and just order it online

NY has the most restrictive laws regarding guns and ammo. Most companies won't ship to NY. My .22 Mag shoots great with CCI and I like Federal for the 10/22. I used to be able to go to Gander, Dicks, Walmart or the shows and find exactly what I want. Now I am lucky to find any rim fire ammo at all.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

'bout time .22 started showing up! My inventory is getting lower than I like. I see 30-30- is showing up too. I saw 14 boxes at Wally World yesterday, and it has been pretty tough to find for over a year now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links