Question about Religion.
Close

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Question about Religion.

Question about Religion.

Now this is weird. I just Watched some videos on youtube about evolution. We started as Apes and mutated into what we are now. Man came from Africa is what I Know. Well Religion was starting around Way Before the Hebrews made a bible.
    This African Religion was mainly Polytheistic. Many Gods for everything. When Man Started to travel outside of Africa Some Humans had Genetic changes. Now The science video wasn't specific on it, but THe mutations Gave us Different Skin color and other Genetic change factors where They migrated to.. This was the first start of "Race". The People in Africa who stayed kept there Big frame and black skin for the hot weather. there Frame and Organs stayed the same since there were more food to hunt and eat. Than When you got further up north mutations occurred where Humans got smaller. Skin became lighter Organs and frame Shrinked because it was more efficient on food consumption in a place where Food was scarce. (Asians) than you had the Middle line Race genetic mution for the people of India. Bigger Lungs for high altitude, a special Skin tone with a mix African and Asian. Than you had the people who went off into the dersert that mutated into the Caucasion race we are today. (Some people also believe that Race was sorta also started from different Regional speices of monkeys evolving in specific places)

Scientists believe that With all these Mutaions going on, There was a polytheist Religion going on Throughout the race and migration line.

Way back before the bible was written by the first Hebrews who Broke away from the polytheist crowd, everyone was polytheistic. So that means on a timeline of (I am just using this as a time line filler my math may be wrong) 999,000 Bc to 50,000 Bc everyone was polytheistic. Than the Hebrew broke away from the crowed and started recoding what they saw and believed. Now if the story of adam and eve was So important at the beginning why did the rest of the world go Polytheistic? than soon polytheism slowly started to die out after the Hebrews started there monotheistic religion. (When I say Slowly I MEAN SLOWLY DIED OUT.)

wouldn't that mean Everyone in the 999,000 BC to the 50,000 BC era would be in hell? how would a God accept it If his creations didn't really know what was Right until they learned what was right and what was wrong. (Think about it everyone in 999,000 bc didn't really even have a FULL working Language. there were certain things they agreed on that ment Friend and what ment Eniemy. than in 990,000 we matured to have languages Laws (Sort of) and we leanred more. think about it everyone in 999k BC had the mentality of a 3 year old. than as the human race got older we learned what was right and what was wrong. Little did everyone know Everyone agreed on back than that polythiesim was the right Choice. But not every tribe/ person agreed on what god was right. maybe one persons/tribes war god was Weak to the next tribes/persons War god.

What im asking is, The human race really didn't know right from wrong until we as a race got older and learned how to devolp language and Learend how to record. when we did that we Wrote down laws. So would God Punish EVERYONE for being Wrong?

(Im not an atheist im just sorta like..... Wanting to know if We all could be wrong with the whole process of "Hell"

Like Watch these:

I want to Climb Mtn Dew one day with my TW200

If you don't know what you believe, how do you know what someone believed 100,000 years ago.

All religion is comprised of designer reality. The religious person simply chooses to believe what he wants, does so, and ignores anything that contradicts his beliefs.
    Fred, kj7687 and Adam-n-nevada like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I find religion a personal and private choice. Much the same as sexual persuasion. You can be who ever or what ever you want to be as long as it is not shoved in my face. I don't appreciate religion being sold door to door nor do I appreciate those who wear their religion in costumes out in public. Tolerate, yes but I always wonder why some need to publicly display their personal beliefs. I have friends who are gay but most would never know it. They don't hide it, just don't show it. I have no need or desire to know what goes on in your bedroom or in your worship temple. I worship my God 24/7 but you would never know it. Open discussions about religion should be among trusted and loved friends and never in a public forum!

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson, troll and Fred like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

And Atheists worship their own Religion...If we came from "Apes" why are there still apes? If we crawled out of the swamps and oceans, why are there still oceans and swamp life....? I'm just a dumbass Biologist with 2 degrees in same{Masters in Environmental Health} and don't have all the answers...but there is BS and BS artists...a few things I am 99% sure of...there is no man made Global Warming...it's Ruse, Obama wasn't born in Hawaii{BC is fake, I worked in the Health Department field, which issues Birth Certificates in all States, his is a forgery/fake}...I don't call him the Kenyan for nothing....and the "Big Bang" is the biggest BS of them all....something from nothing? Right, I love how the media latches on to about 10% of so called scientists and swears by what they say...while the other 90% are laughing their behind's off at the fools....

But if you want to argue Science with me, go for it...if you want to argue politics, or religion, I would hope the Admin would group the same together and either ban both or let open both....and if the latter is the case, the s**t storm that would follow, will be something to see.
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 08-09-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    ZDR1, Zack and WECSOG like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I choose to believe that I am a result of The Creators' imagination, rather than He is a product of mine.

If talking politics gets us in trouble...

OH well hear goes.

The questions you ask are well thought out, but even so, they begin with too many assumptions which ARE NOT provable, either way. Like since when is polytheism is dead? Think Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism. Last I checked there were a lot of those. As for no monotheists before Abraham, the native Americans were clearly worshiping a central "spirit" but had various other minor spirits, but there was One important one. The Masai in Africa, clearly hold the same premise.

Race, (here we go) is a linguistic construct. Think about it.. if you were to line up every person in the world, from darkest to lightest, as you move down the line, you would see no changes from one person to another. Race isn't different mutations, but selected "features" in our genetic makeup, which are selected for over time. Just like the various breeds of canines, all came from wolves. No mutations, just selection.

As for who is in Hell, and who isn't, (Hell being defined by the Bible), you are relying on what someone is telling you rather than reading what the actual Bible says about it. When I was in college, (long time ago) we sought out primary source material, not secondary because it was more accurate. Having an atheist tell you what a the Bible says, is like getting Hoot to explain what a Liberal thinks. (Not that I disagree with him.)

One last thing. This notion that faith and religion is whatever one feels like. I never understood that. There is truth. The chair is either strong enough to hold you up or it isn't. Consequently a religion is either correct or not in it's teaching about God or gods or whatever it teaches. If God is a person, then he is who is he is, the same way we are who we are regardless of what anyone else says about us. To say it another way, so if there is a God, then he is someone, and has specific characteristics and we do not get to define them, any more than my perceptions or statements about you define who you are. Does that make sense?

These are really deep questions, which get at the heart of life. It's hard to even articulate thoughts on the matter, especially in this forum.
    Last edited by MSWRC; 08-09-2014 at 08:31 AM.
    Hoot Gibson and B-dub like this.

Why?

You're making me type too much.

Please read,"Darwin's Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution". It is a 1996 book by Michael J. Behe that presents his notion of irreducible complexity and claims that its presence in many biochemical systems therefore indicates that they must be the result of intelligent design rather than evolutionary processes. Behe is known, besides authoring the book, as a professor of biochemistry at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania and as a senior fellow of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture. ( this paragraph is mostly ,thank you, from 2 sentences on Wikipedia )

My friend you did not come from a monkey.
    MSWRC likes this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

is like getting Hoot to explain what a Liberal thinks.

They Think? Why I never thought they did
    MSWRC and Prime like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

They Think???
    Now that there is funny!

But I would submit that at least one of them must. Their marching orders come from somewhere...

(I'm about to get a warning...)
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links