Alpacka Raft Packrafts?
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Tiny-Wheel-200

Thread: Alpacka Raft Packrafts?

Alpacka Raft Packrafts?

So for a while now the idea of a packable, inflatable boat that I could bring along on MC rides has been bouncing around inside my head. Fishing from shore just isn't getting the job done anymore!

A few of the lakes around here rent canoes or kayaks, but many don't. The rates at the rental places are so high that just a few floats would cover the purchase price, and I'm really more interested in getting to the out of the way ponds anyhow.

Poking around I just stumbled onto Alpacka Raft, their inflatables seem like pretty decent boats for something that you can pack up into a bag.

The Alpaca is a little steep at $783-$945, and probably overkill for my needs. Pretty impressive for an inflatable though!

alpacka-66-1.jpg

I'd probably be more interested in the Scout, as it should meet my calm-water needs and is a bit more reasonable, though still expensive at $545.00. They come in all green too, not just clown colors as pictured!

alpacka-126-1.jpg

Anybody have one of these or something like it they would recommend?
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

These are freaking amazing boats. I have one that I regularly take down class 4+ rivers that are filled with boulders. They are super tough and very friendly in the water. Guarantee you wont regret this purchase. If possible id try find a place to try the different sizes, and id reccomend going with a reeal alpaca, not the scout, and not the NRS packraft. it will have a better resale value. these hold resale value really well. they are pretty popular in alaska but you dont see them too many other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny-Wheel-200 View Post
    These are freaking amazing boats. I have one that I regularly take down class 4+ rivers that are filled with boulders. They are super tough and very friendly in the water. Guarantee you wont regret this purchase. If possible id try find a place to try the different sizes, and id reccomend going with a reeal alpaca, not the scout, and not the NRS packraft. it will have a better resale value. these hold resale value really well. they are pretty popular in alaska but you dont see them too many other places.
    That's a strong endorsement Tiny Wheel! I did see that these are made in Alaska, I guess that helps explain the MSRP. I've heard that $1000 is a lot less money in Alaska than it is in the lower 48.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I watched a show on the sportsmans channel where a couple guys floated out around 600 lbs. of swamp donkey meat on the alpacka somewhere in Alaska. I was impressed!

Actually they have roots in alaska but are not made here anymore. Many things are cheaper here than in the states, like new cars, food, and so on. Other stuff like healthcare, professional services, housing are significantly more expensive. Im going to do some alpacka filming this summer that will include motorcycle stuff.
    Dryden-Tdub, Hekkler and goldenhtr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny-Wheel-200 View Post
    Actually they have roots in alaska but are not made here anymore. Many things are cheaper here than in the states, like new cars, food, and so on. Other stuff like healthcare, professional services, housing are significantly more expensive. Im going to do some alpacka filming this summer that will include motorcycle stuff.
    Food? I thought a gallon of milk was $9.00?

If you live out in the sticks you will pay that. Everyrhing is 3x more expensive in the bush

Sponosred Links