Football Begins/Where has the Summer Gone?
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By qwerty
  • 1 Post By troll

Thread: Football Begins/Where has the Summer Gone?

Football Begins/Where has the Summer Gone?

Our 5 man Crew worked out first Varsity Scrimmage of the season last night....hard to believe where the Summer and how fast it has gone. The weather has been un~summer like to say the least, cool, damp, and cloudy, about 65 at game time at 6pm...3rd play into the scrimmage the visiting QB gets hit, slips down, and let's out a scream...I look into the pile, and see his lower leg and foot twisted in a 90 degree angle...the 16 year old Sophomore's season was done...a near compound fracture(only thing stopping that was the bone was not protruding from the skin} We wait 25 minutes for the Ambulance to pull up and EMS folks to haul him to the Van Wert Hospital...that took the wind out of the players and fans+{and the five officials as well} for awhile, and we played the remaining 2 1/2 ours without incident....

Yep, Football is here, injuries will happen, and the cooler Midwest Weather will move into the region...Let's Roll!

First Regular Season Varsity Game is August 29th....Meanwhile we continue to wait for Grandson #2...now 4 days past due....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I was just wondering where this summer went myself. Almost every week has had two nice days mixed in with 5 lousy days. Not being able to ride the TW was replaced by buying kayaks that are less painful on my knee but with the threat of thunder storms almost every day I have not been out as much as I would like to. The weather reports for this week suck too.

I am sure that somewhere in this country there was a nice summer but I don't know where it was. I hate oppressive heat and humidity so going south or SW is not an option. I guess I should be happy all this rain was not snow but I had plenty of that all last winter.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

The early forecast for this winter doesn't look good....we will continue to freeze and get buried by snow, and the far west will continue to bake and dry up and blow away....Growing up in SW Florida I hate the humidity....but I could stand for some nice dry heat....but Mexifornia is not for me...so guess I will freeze and bitch about it
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    We are probably only three weeks away from our first frost and some of the poplar trees are just starting to show a hint of color change. It is currently raining and has been a very wet cloudy summer here in the frozen wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    We are probably only three weeks away from our first frost and some of the poplar trees are just starting to show a hint of color change. It is currently raining and has been a very wet cloudy summer here in the frozen wasteland.
    Move.

Hoot Gibson likes this.

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Move.
    never! I love it here. I live in what would be considered a pristine wilderness with very dynamic weather. And no people to speak of. The whole Territory only has 46,000 people.

I like winter as well.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Sponosred Links