Rifle shoulder magnet thing
Close

Rifle shoulder magnet thing

Appears to be more of a training device rather than something an experienced shooter would want. My shoulder hold placement changes with each position I am in and what ever body armor I might be wearing will also change positions. The magnets might work great if shooting from a bench rest position once you get the body armor adjusted right.

This concept might be much better if one magnet was drilled in to the cheek stock and the other drilled into your cheek. Getting your head against the stock in the right place is far more important than where the butt plate is.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Appears to be more of a training device rather than something an experienced shooter would want. My shoulder hold placement changes with each position I am in and what ever body armor I might be wearing will also change positions. The magnets might work great if shooting from a bench rest position once you get the body armor adjusted right.

This concept might be much better if one magnet was drilled in to the cheek stock and the other drilled into your cheek. Getting your head against the stock in the right place is far more important than where the butt plate is.

GaryL

Excellent observation Gary. Whereas a repeatable sight picture obtained by proper cheek placement is very important in hunting rifle applications not so much in combat situations. I believe combat operators are the intended target here. If I am correct, most operators benefit less from head and cheek placement because their optics are typically "parallax free" meaning the dot or reticle shift does not require centering in the optics "dot can be anywhere inside the optic, bullet impacts where the dot is". In this scenario what would benefit accuracy is a solid lock up at the butt stock. If recoil is being managed to the same degree the bullets point of impact will be more consistent. Still, even after all that, I would rather not have that on my vest

Tom

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Won't do me any good. I wouldn't give 2 cents for a weapon as functionally useless as the AR15 when there are about a bazillion many times more brutally effective choices on the market for a lot less money. I can see where it would be an advantage for an unskilled weekend warrior in some circumstances. I also understand that body armor inhibits the tactile sensations that lead to good stock placement, but that isn't really something I depend on when preparing to fire except when plenty of time is available for target acquisition. But then I do practice a lot.

Sponosred Links