• 3 Post By ZDR1
  • 1 Post By Werloc
  • 1 Post By qwerty
  • 1 Post By Werloc

Thread: Booked two more trips

Booked two more trips

will the madness ever end!
    Fred, Werloc and Hoot Gibson like this.

Very cool. Looks like fun, but diving without a cage in shark waters ain't for me....LOL I dove with friendly fish, and the only dangerous creatures I was around were lobsters and jelly fish. Had my share of jelly fish stings across my face and lips. Couldn't see the damn buggers. I have scars on my fingers from reaching between rocks to catch lobster. Man that hurts....lol I really miss diving. I started diving when I was 18 and did a LOT of lobster and wreck dives off NJ and NY coast. One of our customers that rode, came to the MC dealership for bike repairs, owned and ran a dive boat in the area. Once I got to know him well, he ended up having me work on his bikes at my home shop. For payment, we worked out barter deals, and would pay me in wreck dives. I had logged about 60 dives back then. I was racing MX at that time, but every few weeks when there wasn't a points race, we'd take a break an go diving. Nice chance to clean off the dirt and sweat. Most all dive trips were over night, with 4 dives in 2 days out. He was really set up nice for this. Most good dives were about 80' to 110' feet deep. He had a heavey rope dropped down off the boat, with well marked depth, clip to hold ya there, along with tanks and regulators to breath his air for decompressing stages on the way up. No mixed gas or nitrox back then for sport diving This allowed us to stay down on wreck longer than 5 to 15 minutes or so. I "think" my steel tanks were only 74ci (if I remember correctly), so we had double piggy back setups. This was when the new bigger (not size, but higher pressure) aluminum tanks were just starting to get popular. Also, back then in the early 80's the underwater camera cases were so expensive. I did have a few pictures, but were all lost during the Hurricane Irene flood. The visibility was very poor here in NJ and NY, and the water is cold. 1/4" farmer john, hood and gloves, or a dry suit isn't much fun at my age anyway... Only once, while in the Philippines in 2004, I dove in warm clear water. Took the wife for quick "Discover Diving" lesson and one 25 minute dive. Pics and video included. She loved it. Her sister is an avid diver, but that was the last time I dove. Man, I sure do miss it, but just can't afford it anymore. Sold all my Scuba-Pro equipment long time ago. Funny, back then, Scuba-Pro made the best gear as far as BC vests, 1st & 2nd stage regulators, gauges, etc. and US Divers and Dacor were crap. Now those are the better brands, I think. I know, I could rent, but still to pricey for me. I still have the memories.... I'm on my iphone now, but later, I'll dig up some pics of the wife and I on that dive, and see if I can upload video to YouTube and post it later when on my PC.

Where are you going on these trips? Man, I am jealous.
    Last edited by Werloc; 08-22-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    ZDR1 likes this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I officially hate you, z.

ZDR1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I couldn't find the short video from this dive, and the long one has to be edited before I upload to YouTube. So, here are 2 pics of my wife and I. This was in Boracay, Philippines, Feb., 2004. It was my wife's very first dive. And it was the clearest, warmest water I've ever dove in. No Sharks.....

Wingnut likes this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links