What's Wrong Here?
Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: What's Wrong Here?

What's Wrong Here?

Here's the text of an ad for at TW I'm thinking about:

2000 Yamaha Trailway 200

Good Running Street legal duel-sport with off road tires and gearing for city to mountain riding. This Is a great motorcycle for new riders, hunting, and Camping enthusiasts. I'm move and don't have space for it. Give me a call with any questions or to schedule a time to look at it.

New Carburetor
    low Miles
    Front and Rear Rack
    low gas mileage
    Electric and kick start
    New Battery

Parts and gear included with motorcycle:
    One Helmet
    New Carburetor Repair kit $85
    Yamaha synthetic oil 1qt $20
    New Motorcycle Hitch Rack $150

$2300 Firm

But it's been on Craig's List for a couple of weeks. From what I read here, that's a pretty good deal. What's wrong here? Shouldn't it be gone by now?

Oh, OK, here's the ad: 2000 Yamaha TW200 But don't go scooping it up out from under me!

I already have a 2013. (It's already got more than half the miles of this one.) My wife wants one of her own!
    Last edited by GHDave; 08-25-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: slight addition

Nice. Go give it a test ride.

Honestly, it doesn't strike me as that great of a deal. The ad is for a 15 year old bike with an asking price about $2K less than what you can buy a brand new one for OTD.

TWs hold their value, and if the bike is in good shape then it's not a bad price, it's just not such a deal that I would be surprised that it hasn't sold quickly.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yup! Should have sold quick if it is in good shape. Racks are $325, new carb is $260, get the old one and rebuild it after a good cleaning.
    2,000 miles is just broke in but you want to be sure the oil has been changed a few or more times and the engine sounds good.

The area might be the reason the bike has not sold. Here in the NE that one would have sold quick if all things were right and title is clear.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Well, the problem is obvious: The author of that add obviously attended public school and therefore is an ignorant idiot, just judging by the lack of quality of his typing. Does his communication skill really look like he actually knows anything other than beer, jock straps, and sexually transmitted infections? I wouldn't believe a word he says, not implying he's a liar, but he presents a huge boondoggle of ignorance. That said, I'd look at the bike if I actually wanted or intended to flip the farkles, but I'd not ask any questions and do a very thorough inspection and test ride.

fishguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    You spelled 'ad' wrong. But I guess that comes from not attending school at all. Most likely home schooled by a crack whore... obviously.
    Fighting fire with fire ALWAYS works out to the benefit of everyone. Just saying...

Tom
    Hoot Gibson and Rhodetrip like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

He is all urine qwerty!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    He's been warned by the admin here at least once recently and quit then, the big baby. He's a cyber bully, plain and simple. I'm here to gain insite on my TW200. He's here to intimidate and display uncivilized behavior. Maybe once he provided help, now he's just rude. I'm sure he's chased others off this site, but that's costing this website's owner money in revenue. I wonder how many people come here, ask a question and leave once qwerty has flamed with his fire?.
    With all due respect SP3, If you come here to gain insite on your TW then why do you open with such inflammatory comments? You have tangled with me on a couple occasions and now you are calling qwerty's mother a crack whore. I don't get it!

GaryL

Staying on topic is not something that has happened on any forum I'm on. But personal attacks ( unless in jest ) are not allowed, on any. And on family forums foul language is often banned.
    I try to use my real persona on the internet. I do not us foul language I try to be helpful. I try to learn. I also like to have fun and play around. But if I'm attacked I will not roll over. Every forum I'm a member of has a few that come across as bullies. Or a few that say only buy this. Only do this, only use this.
    Life has enough crap that I don't like to add more. So I try to stay out of "basement" type threads. Even if I think they might be interesting.
    I try and pick the threads that might be helpful to me or I might be helpful to someone else.
    The question of the title I thought I might be helpful. What's wrong here has nothing to do with the OP's post.
    mmclaughlin and Ski Pro 3 like this.

As stated previously ,if you do decide to go and have a look , make it a real good one ( this should go for any used machine ) . Pull the air cleaner , pull the plug , check the battery and the like , the seller shouldn't have an issue with this . Good luck .
    Padilen and qwerty like this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links