Quick, Before it is Too Late!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Quick, Before it is Too Late!

Winter is coming! We better get out and build lasting memories while we can. Go ride, hike, explore, fish, tour, whatever. Get on that TW and do something special. Full enough moon tonight to use as an excuse to sit in the saddle rather than sit on the couch. I am not missing the last summery moon lit experience in the sierras for awhile. Come on silent lurkers, go for a ride then tell us about it. Or go for a moonlit walk with a loved one, be alive! Makes better reading than politics, right?
    A few have commented on nice riding near Phredz but I see opportunities in the high country before the snow falls. I can always ride local after the snow flies, just like the rest of us basement dwellers can off topic all winter long. But now the fall colors and brisk mornings of the high granites beckons.
    Mel, ever ride the road to Mono Hot Springs? Anyone else? Above Shaver Lake, east of Fresno,Ca, dead ends in high granite after 40 miles of tight twisty narrow scenic paved gloriously scenic nearly untraveled mountain splendor? Now there would be a grand moonlit ride, hike, camp, hot spring soak destination for anyone.
    So let's all do something!

Inspirational words Fred. This captures the spirit of what this forum is all about, at least as a newbie like me sees it. I may not take a ride tonight but I'll be doing my first (TW) oil change and then take a nice walk with my wife in the moonlight. Better than politics for sure....
    Fred likes this.

Good for you Mkchef. Moonlight walk sounds perfect but because your wife will probably want to kiss you for being so nice and romantic no need to post any details. This is a family forum after all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Unfortunately Fred, I will not be riding tonight. I had the opportunity of my 35 year old daughter call me Saturday morning and inform me she had gotten her motorcycle learners permit, and wanted to borrow both of my TW's. She and her friend who is experienced showed up here with a new helmet, jacket, and gloves ready to go. She had ridden the Trail 90's a lot so it wasn't a completely new experience for her. They took the TW's home with them,(which might have been a mistake) called me last night and informed me they had put on about 80 miles. I am excited about having a new riding partner. Maybe another TW in my future. I must say, I like riding in the fall. When you get home after one of those chill evening rides and get into the warm house, it just reaffirms why we ride.
    Mel
    Fred likes this.

I'm planning a fall color ride in North Carolina in October.

Mkfchef and Fred like this.

Mel
    I envy those of you that have all of the fall colors. We have very little of that unless you call the grape leaves turning color. There certainly are areas in the state that does have color in the fall.
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I envy those of you that have all of the fall colors. We have very little of that unless you call the grape leaves turning color. There certainly are areas in the state that does have color in the fall. Mel
    HUSH!!!! Nobody is allowed to criticize California!

Mel
    Watch Me!!!!
    Mel

Gave the bike it's first drain and refill tonight at 160 miles. Dealer had it overfilled. I drained 1 1/3 out. Refilled with Mobile 1 10/40...the one with the motorcycle on it.
    So far dealer prep issues have been:
    Tires at 35 psi
    Clutch spring installed incorrectly
    Oil overfilled
    I've got a good relationship with them and will nicely let them know about these minor things. Needless to say though, I plan on maintaining this machine myself as much as possible. Just don't trust em...
    Lastly here's a pic of the oil filter and tiny metal particles from a far away place. I blew it out with my air compressor. image.jpg
    Fred likes this.

I did something(s)
    Went kayaking with Eli -his last time this year. He gets me to wet, and water temp is dropping. Not that it ever got very high. My mom went with too, now she's talking about getting a sit on top!
    I saw an Eagle in the dead tree over their fishing hole, on our way to drop off Jeep.
    Our paddle by that tree yielded No Eagle. .
    But further down river and much closer to is was an Eagle eating something in a tree. Beautiful beautiful beautiful.
    The later I took TW for a ride to get envelopes and I found yet another awesome 2 track. Getting dark out a lot earlier now. As I rode it looked like I was heading right into that big white round light in the sky.
    I hurried home watching for deer, and text everybody to go look at that Moon!
    Beautiful beautiful beautiful.
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links