Reflecting 911,....My horror story.
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Reflecting 911,....My horror story.

Exclamation Reflecting 911,....My horror story.

This hit way to close to home for me. My wife and I at the time, only being married for 2 years, lived in Jersey City, on the waterfront, facing NYC. My wife worked in WT2. I was working in NJ at a Suzuki dealer about 40 minutes west of NYC and home. Just got to work, unlocked my tool box, and on my way up front to the parts counter to have coffee and go over the days work when my boss asked me to have a seat. Shit, I was wondering WTF, this is a happy shop, with joking around all the time. Never saw him that serious, ever. He asked if I was listening to the radio on the way in. I said no, why? Then he asked, did Jessa (my wife) go to work today? Yeah, why? Then we (3 of us, shop opens at 10:00) go to his office where I see what happened on the TV. He said, I hope Jessa is ok, it's ok if you go, I think you should. I was kinda in shock for a minute or so. Then I see the second plane hit. I was trying to leave, but they said I was spinning around like a dog chasing his tail. I finally get to my car and halfway home I hit traffic, dead stopped on the NJ Turn Pike. Turns out they closed it both ways. Here I am, with hundreds of others, out of our cars, leaning on the guardrail with a clear view of the twin towers. We all watched the first tower come down, no one is able to use cel phones cuz the system was jammed. After a while, a few others and I were able to get across to the south bound lanes, and get off through an on ramp. When I got to the end, I drove up behind a cop at the closed off on ramp. Cop yells stop, and asked how I got there, told him, that my wife was in the tower that fell. He wished me luck and told me to go go go..!! At this point, I was only about 5 miles from home, and it took me another 2 hours to get there. When I got up to our 12th floor apt, the second tower was already down. I had a perfect view from our living room window and balcony. Now, since I was so close, neither cel or land line phones worked. Everything was jammed. I could smell the burning towers from my place. Emergency and Military was everywhere. And for the next few months. Well, Still no word about my wife. Couldn't call anyone, no one can call me. Just watching TV and out the window. I never felf so worried, scared, and alone. I watched and saw them making trips back and forth to Liberty State Park via boats. My neighbor and I walked to the park to see if maybe my wife would hopefully get there. At about 2:00 AM Wednesday, we walked back home. Still not knowing if she was alive or not, I just remember waking up to my phone ringing (working again). It was my Mom, asking if I knew anything, and that she has been talking to my in-laws, and still no word at all. Well, it was like this all day Wednesday. Thursday morning, woke up by ringing phone at around 3:00 am, it was my wife!!!!. She made it to her Mom's in Staten Island. She just got there. She made it out of the building about 30 minutes after the plane hit (VERY Lucky..!!!) She was 2 blocks away when the south tower fell, caught in the cloud of dust and debris. Left her purse in her desk, lost her shoes, walked to the ferry to get out of the city. Still covered in white with dust, a few cuts and scrapes, but ok for the most part. Man, what a great feeling it was to hear her voice again, after 2 1/2 very intense long days. We both fell asleep with our phones connected after an hour or so. Now, she's stuck in Staten Island, because all the bridges are still closed. Finally, on Saturday, I was able to go pick her up. For the next few months, we could still see and smell the burning remains. We went to a handful of funerals of her coworkers and friends that didn't make it that day. Today, she asked me not to watch anything on TV that's showing 911 while she is here. It still bothers her 13 years later. I'll never be able to understand what she went through that day, scared for her life, caught in total blackness, running for cover, unable to breathe, running and walking with no shoes, etc. I went through a hard time, but nothing remotely close to her. Anyway, she's very strong, and 100% ok, but she doesn't like to talk much about it, or watch it again on TV when it's on.
    She's at work today in Jersey City right across the street from that old appartment. I know she's not going to have such a great day. I'm home with the dogs, and just needed to get this off my chest.

I thank God, and Thanks for listening.....
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'm so glad your wife made it out. I can only imagine how crazy you were going not knowing. I'll never forget that day either and I also don't like watching it (film clips). We watched it live on tv as the second plane hit. Horrible and i'll never forget it. It affected me deeply and still does. So glad everything worked out for you and that wife is alright-give her a big hug for me. Thanks for sharing your story man. Now I'm getting all teary eyed. Thanks Werloc.-Glenn

Thank the Lord she is ok. Wow, what a story Werloc. One of my sons lived there when it happened, he watched the second plane hit the building.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Same here...with you on that

Thank you SOOOO much for sharing what you went through!!!! You have vividly reminded us of that horrible day. Let us never forget, and never let it happen again!

Saw the 2nd plane hit live(on TV), and that and what followed from a distance was horrid enough. I can't begin to imagine what you all went through. God bless your wife survived it, but some things leave permanent residual scars that can never completely be erased. But we must continue on.

I can't even imagine what your wife and you had to go through. I'm glad you shared your very personal story with the rest of us. It reminds us we should not forget what happened that day! Thank you.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Thanks guys. I also wanted to say (but was to teary eyed), Thank You to ALL men and women that served at ANY time, and sacrificed their lives for our freedom in this great country we live in. Here we are, chatting on a forum about our hobby, while so many have, and are devoting their lives, so we can do just that. So much, that I think most of us take for granted from time to time. That just blows me away. Thank You.....!!!

And Yes. Never has a day gone by where I haven't told my wife that I love her....
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

My Nephew was on his way to work at the Pentagon and saw the plane fly low over his car and plow into it. Several of his friends and co-workers died that day so yes our family remembers. Also today is my neices birthday so we have something to balance it out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links