Good people and bad people
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Good people and bad people

Good people and bad people

I haven't posted in awhile due to feeling like shit from my recent incident with job and potential employer. Let me say first that the guys on this forum are a+. I bent my bars and I was asking who had a stock one for sale and jb882 just send me one in the mail and never asked for shipping our anything in return. I put them on this week and I'm back up and riding. Unfortunately I've been in the dumps. I "worked" for a local gas utility for the last 4+ yrs but around a year ago I started the process of applying and interviewing for a water company outside of phila. It was a great opportunity for my family and myself. We planned in moving to a more rural area so my son could get a better education and quality of life. Not to mention I would be working in a nicer area considering I spend 10hrs a day in the poorest and most crime riddled posts of the unner city. Its a dirty and dangerous job. Ive been dealing with a pretty incompetent HR guy from the new company and he's clearly not very qualified. He's constantly saying things he's not even cleared to say and having to make me wait even longer but I didn't even care since I was just happy to leave my old job. So I get the official offer a month ago and told not to give my 2 weeks until he clears my background. 10 days later he calls and says congrats and your all clear to give your notice and gives me a start date. I give my notice and 2 days before I start he calls and recinds the offer with no explanation. I find out he did a separate check and found an arrest from 11 yrs ago that was dropped. It turns out that's illegal to due since it wasn't a conviction and so does he do he changed his story and says I lied in the interview. Which is absolutely no true. He never asked and I felt no need to disclose since application asks for convictions in 7 yrs. I'm now out of work and lost a booth my pension and health care due to a person with no regard for others.

That sucks out loud. As much as i hate lawyers, sounds like you need one. My wife worked for a company that her boss was going to another job and wanted her for his ex secretary , I even bought my first 88 Tw from him. Anyway, he told her to put in her 2 weeks and quit and then he would do the same and they would start their new jobs together. When he put in his 2 weeks, they offered him a deal to stay and the shitty HR person their sailed my wife down the creek and wouldn't let her come back.. She hasn't worked since. Lets hope things happen for a reason and you find a better job. Good luck.
    williamemack likes this.
    Chris Reitzel
    Hidden Content
    2007 TW 200
    Too many Hummers

rbm
    I agree, you need a lawyer in this case. I hope things work out for you.
    williamemack and Hoot Gibson like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I am in my 30th Year at Southwest Gas Corp all 30 as a Service Technician what job did you do with them? we have been hiring service tech's in Arizona and Nevada some of our guys left and got on with PGE in California and the gas company in Colorado both of them have been hiring.
    Hikerglenn and Indiana like this.

winters in Sudbury, MA, summer on Squam Lake, NH
    I used to be on the other side. Whenever I lost a valuable employee, I would often say to myself..%$#@I'll find a better one. ..and sometimes I did. I wish you and yours the best.

Will
    I sell TW200 stickers for $2.00ea. delivered. See Hidden Content for details. Hidden Content

2014 TW, DMO pegs, Yamaha rack, Doubletake mirrors, Jimbo shield, extended pilot screw, Snapback clock, Ebay risers, Seat Concepts, o-ring chain, Ricochet skidplate, brake leash, IMS folding shift lever, ProCycle tool tube, 130 main jet and two shims, route sheet holder, compass, temp/humidity
    indicator.

Schmitty-sounds like you need to talk to zdiver1-maybe Arizona is in your cards! Really-don't rule it out. Just my 2cents. Otherwise, lets all gang up on our TW's and go get the guy!-Glenn

Schmitty, that stinks beyond words. Hang in there, friend.

SWG is in Arizona Nevada and California. https://careers-swgas.icims.com/jobs...Redirect=false //////// http://www.swgas.com/
    Last edited by ZDR1; 09-13-2014 at 05:46 PM.

+1 to all the above with an emphasis on "get a lawyer". ( My AutoCorrect made this substitution: "get a LAZER". Maybe Smitty could use both). Seriously Smitty is a wronged party with damages, pain and suffering, aggravation, lost income,lost seniority, lost health benefits grandfathered in due to seniority, etc, etc and is thus due suitable compensation looking forward plus some punitive damages from a firm so negligent to jeopardize public safety by allowing an unsupervised unqualified human resource employees to decide who is involved with vitalsafe public water supplies....How is that for mumbo-jumbo? Sick the lawyers on them! Ask for a bundle and at least get a equitable severance package after expenses.

Schmitty, that totally sucks. If you do pursue damages I hope you have some documentation or witnesses because you know that HR guy will be lying thru his teeth to cover his butt. Like Fred said, go for all you can get because if you do win you won't want to be working for the water company with that jerk in HR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links