But For The Kindness of Strangers
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: But For The Kindness of Strangers

But For The Kindness of Strangers

Just got back from awesome trip. Last night at remote camp savored the absolute solitude of solo camping while watching fire slowly fade from flames to embers to twinkles no brighter than the shining milky way overhead. Total silence. So off to bed I go, just me and the dogs. A few minutes later several rigs pull in 20 yards away and set up camp under glaring lights. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Selfish me thought "Why next to me? This is a giant empty place".
    Next morning it turns out they are really nice, and want to be there for a memorial to their boy killed overseas who favored this place since youth. Since a group of the fallen soldier's buddies were coming I happily moved my camp to make room then took dogs for killer boulder crawling, creek crossing, fern fondling, slick-rock exploring 2mph TW romp with lots of wet doggie breaks. I returned to my relocated camp, left dogs in van and then went for a more extensive TW ride that somehow lasted more hours and many a mile longer than planned.
    So here is the good part. I had erred on estimating late afternoon shade placement and my van with dogs would have been in the sun had it not been for my neighbors. They and some of the flock of jeep-in memorial guests had somehow erected an absolutely giant EZ-Up shade pavilion contraption over my van! What a thoughtful act of kindness that saved my dogs from an hour or so of hot afternoon sun, reaffirms my faith in my fellow man. Especially since my defender dogs probably barked like crazy.
    So a youthful party was in full swing, my dogs and I got to meet and play with others, Betty Boop was inspected and accused of KTM heritage, beers were consumed, dirt bike and Jeep stories exchanged, and a good time was had all due to the kindness of strangers.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-13-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Very thoughtful of your new-found friends. Happenings like this stop me from

Qwerty
    I pray you say those things to make others take notice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Qwerty knows God never lays upon us more than we can handle.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post

Not to hijack this thread but a quick question if I may. How is your neighbor getting along littletommy? I think of him often.

Tom

I do to.
    littletommy likes this.

Thank you for your gift again for them Tom. I took over a pizza for them Thursday, chatted for a min. Checked on him briefly yesterday and today talked to him for about 15 min. He looks pretty good. I have no idea how long he will last. Sometimes I think he looks about as well as I do, but they have hospice so there is an end coming sometime. I'll do my best to encourage them and lift them up and let them know I care. Thanks for asking Tom. I'd be thankful for any members who would like to say a little prayer for them.
    Fred likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Thank you for your gift again for them Tom. I took over a pizza for them Thursday, chatted for a min. Checked on him briefly yesterday and today talked to him for about 15 min. He looks pretty good. I have no idea how long he will last. Sometimes I think he looks about as well as I do, but they have hospice so there is an end coming sometime. I'll do my best to encourage them and lift them up and let them know I care. Thanks for asking Tom. I'd be thankful for any members who would like to say a little prayer for them.

Done. Would it be OK if I sent a little something to your address for them?

Tom

Absolutely Tom. I will take it directly to them. People don't expect these kind of things or at least I know these folks don't. I really want to make an impact on them if possible. We live in a really bad area of town, prostitutes on our corners, street people and drug addicts, alcoholics, and gang members have taken over the neighborhood I talked one of the neighbor ladies into checking on them. She baked some real good cookies and took them over. I think she is also planning on a meal going over soon. They were surprised because they really hadn't talked in a while after some kind of argument. I'm always surprised when folks say something like: "O that's so sad, some body should do something to help them", and then they go about their business having done nothing. Sometimes we get a chance to really touch someone with God's Love and personally I don't want to miss any more of those chances, after all, God's been mighty good to me. We reap what we sow, and I'd certainly like someone to care when I'm on the way out. Thanks Tom for offering to help. I really want to see this soul touched and now is the time. He was shocked the other day when I handed him the cash you gave me to give to them. I saw it touched his heart, he didn't know what to do, or say, or how to act. He was humbled that someone he doesn't even know would reach out to help. I saw his eyes well up and he tried to wipe away a little tear. I loved being the messenger on that one! We've done a couple fund raisers here before for folks in their time of need and I would gladly send anything along to them if any other members feel the need or want to help. There are a few good Samaritans still around. I will with honesty and integrity march every penny over to them.

I love your attitude Tom.

Reminds me of men who lived for God long ago who said: Here am I Lord, send me.
    Last edited by littletommy; 09-13-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Absolutely Tom. I will take it directly to them. People don't expect these kind of things or at least I know these folks don't. I really want to make an impact on them if possible. We live in a really bad area of town, prostitutes on our corners, street people and drug addicts, alcoholics, and gang members have taken over the neighborhood I talked one of the neighbor ladies into checking on them. She baked some real good cookies and took them over. I think she is also planning on a meal going over soon. They were surprised because they really hadn't talked in a while after some kind of argument. I'm always surprised when folks say something like: "O that's so sad, some body should do something to help them", and then they go about their business having done nothing. Sometimes we get a chance to really touch someone with God's Love and personally I don't want to miss any more of those chances, after all, God's been mighty good to me. We reap what we sow, and I'd certainly like someone to care when I'm on the way out. Thanks Tom for offering to help. I really want to see this soul touched and now is the time. He was shocked the other day when I handed him the cash you gave me to give to them. I saw it touched his heart, he didn't know what to do, or say, or how to act. He was humbled that someone he doesn't even know would reach out to help. I saw his eyes well up and he tried to wipe away a little tear. I loved being the messenger on that one! We've done a couple fund raisers here before for folks in their time of need and I would gladly send anything along to them if any other members feel the need or want to help. There are a few good Samaritans still around. I will with honesty and integrity march every penny over to them.

I love your attitude Tom.

Reminds me of men who lived for God long ago and said: Here am I Lord, send me.

My family has been blessed with so much. We are NOT rich, but want for nothing of substance. As a family we work very hard, but so do lot's of other good people that remain less fortunate. I am not the perfect christian and I am flawed beyond belief, to be honest, but I believe we are placed on this earth to look out for one another. Imagine the world we COULD live in?

Tom
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links