Think GaryL Could Catch a Trout Here?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Think GaryL Could Catch a Trout Here?

Nice fishing holes if only I had brought a pole rather than the dogs.

Some of the quartz veins have been scalloped and polished by streamflow into fantastic golden shimmering textures
    Potholes offer pleasing shapes.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-17-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    TW-Brian and TopPredator like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

The lakes are nice too
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Wow, sweet...!!! I have a 4 piece fly rod, that mounts on my bike perfect. Fall trout season starts very soon....
    Fred likes this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Fred! I couldn't care less if I ever caught a trout there. I do enjoy a fresh caught meal but let the rest live to fight again. Just being in places such as that are the joys I live for. Funny how it works but I would be pissed if I didn't have my rod with me In a spot like this but the trout would have a sore lip most of the time with me behind the lines.

I let most of the big ones live to fight again in nice spots like that!, we can buy frozen fish in the market but out of the water and in to the fry pan is what fishing is all about for me.

GaryL
    Fred likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Hi Gary, I needed a tag line to show off some pictures so I made up the title knowing that forum members recognize you as an accomplished fisherman. Hope you don't mind. I am still impressed how well your two bikes are holding up with Rob and Cathy's incredible journey touring USA.
    And truth be told I would want to explore stream-side beauty more than fish. The lakes however are different and offer good fishing entertainment and scenery from my kayak.

Werloc, your bike is looking so good these days, like the way Yamaha should have offered it...Big tank, high fender, all the right farkles. Show us some fishing trip pics sometime, please.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-17-2014 at 06:15 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Yup, let the breeders go. Hatchery fish just aren't the same. I so believe in catch-and-release I sometimes let them go before catching them.

Fred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Yup, let the breeders go. Hatchery fish just aren't the same. I so believe in catch-and-release I sometimes let them go before catching them.
    That's funny. I have to remember that the next time I don't catch anything.

Well, yeah, I cought a few, just let them go before I hooked'em....
    Fred likes this.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Thanks Fred! I couldn't care less if I ever caught a trout there. I do enjoy a fresh caught meal but let the rest live to fight again. Just being in places such as that are the joys I live for. Funny how it works but I would be pissed if I didn't have my rod with me In a spot like this but the trout would have a sore lip most of the time with me behind the lines.

I let most of the big ones live to fight again in nice spots like that!, we can buy frozen fish in the market but out of the water and in to the fry pan is what fishing is all about for me.

GaryL
    I agree 100%. It's about just being out in such beautiful surrounds like this. Leaving everything else behind. Fishing gear is just one of the tools to get me out there....
    Fred likes this.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Good one qwerty! Once I see I have won the fight and can see the fish is not seriously or deeply hooked, just give the line slack so the fish can shake it and be on his way. That is letting them go before you catch them! I hate Pickerel and always hope they can shake the hook so I don't have to unhook them. All real fisherman know that a 15-18 inch trout is much better eating than a much older and larger one and we can only eat one good fish in a meal so why keep any that can't be immediately cooked and have to be frozen.

Gorgeous pictures Fred and I am honored you thought of me when posting them. I sure would love to be there but I have some gorgeous spots right here that yield some nice trout too. I just finished setting up my new fishing kayak and the fishing here is just getting to the best time as fall is arriving rather quick.

GaryL
    Fred likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

Werloc, your bike is looking so good these days, like the way Yamaha should have offered it...Big tank, high fender, all the right farkles. Show us some fishing trip pics sometime, please.
    Thanks Fred. Yes, I have more fishing pics of my wife than of me, cuz I'm the one with the camera, but yeah, I'll start a fishing thread and post'em up for sure. I was wondering if there are other fly tyers or fishermen on the forum. Let the lunkers lurk....

Gary, Have been out WT hunting?
    Last edited by Werloc; 09-18-2014 at 06:00 AM.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links