The Fishing thread.............Fred's request
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Fishing thread.............Fred's request

The Fishing thread.............Fred's request

Ok, So I figured I'd start a thread on fishing. Member Fred (you asked.....) asked to see some of my fishing pics, etc., and I also was wondering if anyone else on this forum likes to fly fish, and tie their own flies? Now that I have a TW, I'll hit some more remote places to fly fish for trout. My wife is my fishing partner, and she happens to out fish me most of the time. Same thing when shooting at the range. She is a better shot than me too. Must be because she has more patience than I do. Oh well... Most of the time, she is the one dragging me out to go fishing, crabbing, and shooting. My Dad taught me to fly fish when I was very young, maybe 9 or 10 I think. I taught my wife how to fly cast about 7 years ago, and we both started tying our own flies. I haven't used a conventional spinning rod since I was in my early 20's. My wife, will take both, and use whatever happens to catch more fish that day. I love fishing for trout, but in the hot Summer months, like going for small mouth bass, crappie, and most of the time from July through October, we hit the Jersey shore for crabs, weakfish, fluke, snappers, and black sea bass. Of course, I don't use a fly rod there. My wife does most of the fishing, while I crab using box traps, and better yet, scoop up swimmers with a net. Crabbing we would normally get 70 to 120ish in a 5 or 6 hour morning. But since Hurricane Sandy, both fishing and crabbing have been very poor. The best day was about 56 crabs which was yesterday. Other than that, it's been less than 20. We go every Wed, Fri, and Sunday until mid to late October which is when it starts to die down. Then it's back to the fresh water streams for trout. I don't do as much fishing as I have, due to my bad back and leg, but I still go and sit stream side, in my chair as my wife fishes. That's why I have more pics and videos of her. So, who else loves to fish? Let's keep this thread going, and post up your catch of the day....

Here's a Match the Hatch video, as I'm about to trout fish in a spot close to home. Needless to say, only caught 1 small brookie which went back to catch another day.

My wife Jessa catches her first cocktail blue.

Here's some crabs.

Small striper.

Fred and Explorer like this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Fresh Water

Some crappie.

Jessa at my friends farm pond learning to fly fish.

Now fishin moving water with fly rod. A little different for her.

Now Fall trout.

Fred likes this.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

OK, My turn....

Fred likes this.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nice pictures.

I personally don't fly fish but i do(or did) like to fish a lot. I used to fish a lot of bass tournaments and did that for a number of years. I stopped doing tournaments because it became to much like work and my back cant take the pounding that a bass boat will dish out on big lakes any more. I think that all those poundings over the years may have been what caused my herniated disc issues. I also just don't have the time right now, i'm the primary caregiver for my mother who has Alzheimers to time can be a little hard to come by these days. The will is there to get out there but life keeps getting in the way.
    Fred likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Yep, I can't fish like I use to because of my back too. Now, I just sit in my chair, and watch my wife. I fish sometimes, but can't stand in the water more than 15 minutes at a time. So, I'm in and out, in and out. Now, I don't much, due to spooking fish....
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

rbm
    Nice pics! Thanks for sharing! I have a nice fly rod in the basement, haven't used it in years. I'm saving it for when life slows down a bit... On a side note: do yourself and your wife a favor, get belts that you can cinch up tight around your waist when using your waders. In the event you fall in the water, god forbid, the belt will keep your legs from filling up with water. If this happens, you'll have a MUCH harder time standing back up. Don't ask me how I know....
    Mel likes this.

I know, I went under already. I have'em in my truck, but always hate wearing mine. I know I should. Thanks....
    You love me.....
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

This is from the Spring run, the Fall run is only a few weeks away!

Then it's out of the boat and into the surf!

Yes it is. Nice, I use to striper fish the surf and the Delaware River when they would run up, but don't have pics. I lost printed pics in the Irene flood when my house got hit. Not quite that size though. Thats's good eatin right there....
    Last edited by Werloc; 09-18-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Bob

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

The way you folks are holding those gorgeous fish out to the camera is making me hungry, I want to grab them right off the screen! Bob, your wife is a sure fire fish catching machine!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links