Fz-07?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fz-07?

Fz-07?

Thinking about replacing the CB550 with a FZ-07. Anyone have one or any experience with the model?

rbm
    I've heard nothing, good, bad, or indifferent but that's a nice looking bike! How bad could it be?... Gota love a nice twin!

Actually, I don't care much for twins as their 180* firing order makes vibes that put my hands to sleep. The FZ-07 has a 270* firing order similar to a single pin 90* V-twin in cadence, and the possibility I can ride it is intriguing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Interesting... must be a takeoff of their cross-plain engines. I'll have to look it up one of these days.

Yes, Yamaha refers to the concept as "cross-plane", but all it really means is the pistons do not go up and down together. The result should be a single longer power stroke with a longer period of rotation due to inertia instead of two quick power strokes and two short periods of rotation due to inertia, which is exactly what makes the XR750 Harley the winningest long dirt track engine ever. The nature of its relatively long and gentle power stroke is less likely to spin the tire than other engine configurations, and the longer period of rotation when the engine is not making power allows the tire to hook up better between power strokes. I expect the FZ-07 engine will do the same, which should provide an excellent power source for a larger adventure touring bike. Also, I like the exhaust configuration because it won't interfere with luggage, though the entire seat and rear subframe will have to be trashed and replaced with something more to my liking.

I've been scratching my head ever since Yamaha introduced the FZ-07.

For about $1000 more you can get the FZ-09. Only 17 lbs more wet weight, scads more power, and the triple is bound to be smoother than the twin.

Why crowd that segment of their lineup? What am I missing? And why, WHY couldn't Yamaha make these two bikes as good looking as the piggy FZ-08 they replaced?
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Why can't Yamaha make a retro styled 700 based on the FZ engine?

I have a trump america with the 270 crank............. Works great. Yammie uses it in there new big bore off road bike.. OMM.

There's a test of the FZ-07 in the Oct issue of Motorcyclist magazine. They liked it.

I like the FZ-07 but I like the FZ-09 a lot more. Both are good but the FZ-07 was physically small for me at just shy of 6 feet. The FZ-09 feels better in this regard. It does have more go too. A lot more actually.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links