Some eBayer sellers are getting too big for their britches.
Close

Some eBayer sellers are getting too big for their britches.

Just searched eBay for a used TW carb and seller's Buy It Now price was $55 higher than online dealers are selling new carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Just searched eBay for a used TW carb and seller's Buy It Now price was $55 higher than online dealers are selling new carbs.
    Is that new carb ome or a better performance carb? plug and play or need an adaptor? I put the procycle TM-40 pumper carb on my DR650 procycle bonded the adaptor on the carb it was plug and play but needed a longer throttle cable.

Just an ol' ordinary OEM carb for a '03. Nothing fancy, just another broken float mount.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i noticed that on alot of things, people put outrages prices on things even though right underneath the high priced item there is a normal price for the same exact item... i guess they hope for the best?

Yea, some people do their share of fishing on the fleabay. There have been a couple sets of TW rims up there for months with stupid high prices. Whenever i buy parts on ebay i always check the new price first to see if its worth it.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

I see this a lot and just figure these sellers are depending upon the buyers ignorance or laziness. There is one company that does a lot of TW strip and part out, they always have a tag in the pics with their name that I can't remember at the moment, Griffen maybe. The BIN price is almost always higher than the same part new from a dealer. I needed the spacer for the sprocket side of the rear wheel. They wanted $30 and Stadium could get it for $16.95.
    Lucky for me I found where it had rolled under my tool box.

On the flip side of this buying and selling discussion. I have offered a few parts here and some of the members here seem to think good used parts between members should be free or close to it. Some of the offers I got caused me to put the stuff back in the box and back on the shelf because it would cost more to ship than the offer. WTF. There is nothing wrong with looking for a deal or even a freebie but sometimes you have to pay the going price and especially for parts that are Unobtanium. Trades seem to work out better between members.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I've not sold any parts to other members, but I've given away quite a few. I've not parted out a TW, but I've come across some deals on spares here and there and given away parts I've upgraded. I gave one soul over $700 worth as a way of thanking him for his service to our country, given 2 others the exact same carb I'm needing now since Tdub2 went to EFI and Pirate sports a Mikuni, Pirate's original frame and title, bent, but repairable, to a fellow whose TW was stolen, then recovered in pitiful shape several years later, but snafus with the insurance company made it impossible to reregister the original numbers, ..., anything to help folks help themselves. There are quite a few responsible, conservative students around home struggling to get an education without ending up crippled by debt, and I like to help them help themselves. They are a lot more appreciative than the mindless professional recipients most students seem to be, and I've already heard stories from third parties how those I've helped help themselves have paid it forward to others, so I believe a valuable lesson on the difference between empowering and welfare is taking hold.

Welfare: Picking someone up by his or her boot straps, but most will find away to shake loose and fall back.
    Charity: Giving boot straps to someone capable of picking him or her self up, but most won't pull very hard.
    Empowering: Pulling bootstraps up together.
    Ministry: Empowering so the recipient can then be in position to pull up other's bootstraps.

ebay is kind of a glass half empty or half full kinda place depending on how you look at it

for every overpriced item there's also the guy selling the new TW200 kick start kit for $75 with free shipping etc

I know when I order from any Yamaha dealer I can expect at least 10 days before they ship anything (sometimes much longer) so if I need it asap a few more bucks to somebody who will ship today might be worth it

there are many days I scoff at what sellers are asking just as I stumble on to a raping deal on something a seller didn't know or didn't care what it was really worth
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

I don't believe in glasses half empty or half full. I see glasses bigger than they need to be.

Sponosred Links