Help Marc @ cycleracks
Close

Help Marc @ cycleracks

I just received an email stating Marc is stranded and needs help. I don't mind helping but don't want to be scammed in any way. Has anyone else received a similar email?
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Nope. That's odd.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Correction. Yes I did, it just came in my email inbox. I don't trust it to open it. It has to be a scam. If you get one, don't open it.

Here is what it shows:

Marc Boyer
    Terrible Situation!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

IT IS A SCAM!!! Just spoke with Marc. Their E-mail has been haacked.

Yea, the general protocol for me, for things like this, is to ignore the email/call/text message (whatever) and contact the "sender" directly (Cycleracks, in this case). That way you can avoid the spyware and other bs and still find out if there is anything legitimate.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    Yea, the general protocol for me, for things like this, is to ignore the email/call/text message (whatever) and contact the "sender" directly (Cycleracks, in this case). That way you can avoid the spyware and other bs and still find out if there is anything legitimate.
    Hi kj7687: Totally agree.
    There is a lot of crap running at the moment. Had a guy down the road that had freaked out about an attack on his computer,(but by phone call); attempting him to give access to his control panel. Always beware, and if you have a legitimate phone or web site (i.e.microsoft.com) or as the Cycleracks are just call.

Went to my Yahoo mail it wasn't coming up right(so I could read it), just kept processing at that moment. They have obviously adjusted for the BS. Back on line with mail.

Thanks guys. Couldn't call til after work but wanted to help if it really was him. Glad he and his family are alright.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Problem was also that their phone must have been ringing off the hook - voicemail said to re-enter the # you were trying to call (seemed suspicious) and Marc or Don's phone was saying not in service at this time, too. After trying 4 different #s, I reached Marc, and then Don called me actually trying to reach another customer he had just discussed an order with. I told him many of you were worried that he/they might need help. He says thank you to all concerened, and also as an aside stated that if he did need help; he wouldn't bother us, he'd just ask The Lord. Great gentleman and always a great attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by old w/2 many guns & bikes View Post
    Problem was also that their phone must have been ringing off the hook - voicemail said to re-enter the # you were trying to call (seemed suspicious) and Marc or Don's phone was saying not in service at this time, too. After trying 4 different #s, I reached Marc, and then Don called me actually trying to reach another customer he had just discussed an order with. I told him many of you were worried that he/they might need help. He says thank you to all concerened, and also as an aside stated that if he did need help; he wouldn't bother us, he'd just ask The Lord. Great gentleman and always a great attitude.
    Hi guys: Marc/Don and company. I admire you guys for what you do. I tried some various trades after leaving the insane world of business> Not quite as successful, but I became a quality custom knifemaker and also a fairly good stonemason before my joints gave out. I admire persistence and always striving, knowing that I/you can always improve.

Sponosred Links