It's been a long day Hondo
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trailscout

Thread: It's been a long day Hondo

It's been a long day Hondo

Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Fun ain't it! If there was no more gas, I'd still get my riding in, one way or nother.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

What were they feeding that horse motor oil and apple cider!!!?????

Tom

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You noticed that, too?

Hondo is the definition of Eat Like a Horse. He had not been wormed properly for years. I got him cleaned up but he just keeps eating. That was the fifth load he dropped that day. There is loads of feed everywhere and he gets some pellets that he doesn't need in my pen. Hondo is 100% in my care. No motor oil or apple cider but he probably would if he could.

Fun? you say admiral?? I've had Hondo only five months and the passion is running deeper than just fun. When I first get on him of a morning I get the same feeling dirt bikes used to give me. Maybe in a few years it'll be simply fun.

I have a pack saddle and am hoping to start packing as my abilities get there. They are not quite there yet but getting closer. There is a 2 year old gelding 1/2 registered 1/4 horse and 1/2 walker that will become mine if I want. He leads good. His mom has hoofs that file like iron. His feet are flaring so I'm betting they are hard also. Feet have been handled so I'm planning on giving him a natural trim soon. Slowly and cautiously. If we get along I will begin just leading him on rec rides in the rocks to get him some training. Hondo goes through the rocks where a horse from the prairie would fall on his face. Literally. So I want a pack horse like that.

Ultimately I'd like to do some 3-4 day trips in the wilderness. But my training will need a year or more. Fortunately I'm getting in depth hands on personally training by two people with years and year of experience. I feel so lucky I almost feel guilty about it.

I help on the roundups and working through the chutes and put out salt and gentle cattle on my rec rides. They consider that more than enough. It's a big ole win win.

Sometimes when it rains a lot and washes stuff out I get to do a little of this to. I'd better stop, I'm rattling on............

unnamed (6).jpg
    admiral likes this.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links