The TW and survival is not all about guns!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The TW and survival is not all about guns!

The TW and survival is not all about guns!

When I am out in the AZ desert looking to survive I always have a good Knife. Gerber LMF II 2 ASEK Coyote Brown Survival Knife & SEAT Belt Cutter -

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    When I am out in the AZ desert looking to survive I always have a good Knife. Gerber LMF II 2 ASEK Coyote Brown Survival Knife & SEAT Belt Cutter -
    I carried the original Gerber BMF in the first gulf war. Best blade I have ever owned. Period.

Tom
    ZDR1 likes this.

Price on Amazon with free shipping Gerber 22-01400 LMF II Survival Knife - Coyote Brown
    $66.86
    Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

In 89' I paid $125 for the BMF. There were not too many working knives back then that cost more. By comparison $67 is a fantastic deal. Are Gerber's tactical knives the same quality today as they used to be? Some of their pocket models seem very average.

Tom

Better then the BMF Amazon just has it cheap with free shipping other sites are around 100 +. and it has the blade sharpener and seatbelt cutter that I will use for rope.

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    My 2 sons bought me that very same knife. I keep it on my get home pack. It's always with me when I travel
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

When I hike this is where my knife rides.

image.jpg
    Last edited by TopPredator; 10-05-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Why would anyone need a knife that big? I've dressed caribou with a 3-inch blade. The only reason one needs a monster knife is to kill someone quietly, but even if you had a monster knife, would you know how to kill someone quietly? Not many do. Don't be stupid and take your knife to a gun fight, either. That could really ruin your day. Sheesh, if it was a cheap Chinese knockoff it would remind my of my POS son-in-law always strutting around like he has delusions of being Jim Bowie.

p. s. I carry a Gerber, too. Multi-pliers. Can't find an identical backup as it has given many years of good service.

It's a utility knife and it has come in quite handy on the trails.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I carry a Leatherman OHT.
    Have carried a Leatherman product on my belt since I was 15. I'm 52 now.

If you see a guy who looks just like me, and he isn't carrying a Leatherman... It isn't me.

I also carry a ridiculously bright LED flashlight right next to the Leatherman.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Why would anyone need a knife that big? I've dressed caribou with a 3-inch blade. The only reason one needs a monster knife is to kill someone quietly, but even if you had a monster knife, would you know how to kill someone quietly? Not many do. Don't be stupid and take your knife to a gun fight, either. That could really ruin your day. Sheesh, if it was a cheap Chinese knockoff it would remind my of my POS son-in-law always strutting around like he has delusions of being Jim Bowie.

p. s. I carry a Gerber, too. Multi-pliers. Can't find an identical backup as it has given many years of good service.
    Dryden-Tdub and Fred like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links