Sharpen Your Knife
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sharpen Your Knife

Sharpen Your Knife

If you are like me you like your knifes sharp. Two years ago I bought the Work Sharp. It is amazing I have tried and bought most sharpeners out there. They are all obsolete to me now. This tool is so fast. ie; I sharpened 14 of my wife's kitchen knifes in 50 minutes. From junk knifes to expensive ones they were all Cutting paper sharp!

The only other thing you will need is bandaids. Be careful!

image.jpg

This is there new model. Mine works fine but this would probably be worth the extra money.

image.jpg
    ZDR1 likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Sharp knives are much safer than dull. Sharp knives are predictable.

How much and where'd you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkfchef View Post
    Sharp knives are much safer than dull. Sharp knives are predictable.

How much and where'd you get it?
    Amazon just type in Work sharp $70. Buy an extra pack of belts $10 the new model is $135. I'll have to say when I first got it I sharpened my pocket knife until it was razor sharp. I quit putting the super sharp edges on it. I kept cutting myself just by touching my finger and hand with the blade. I had to keep bandaids in my wallet
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I do too. I have had a local guy who made his own jig and has a good business in town. He only charges a few dollars a knife at that as been good for me. If I had the WS I would likely be sharpening obsessively

BTW the new model is a lot nicer bit also cost about double.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

I find the old wet stone to be therapeutic and I love all my knives to be shaving sharp. Keeping my wife's kitchen knives sharp is an effort in futility. I have spent many hundreds of dollars on the complete Wustoff kitchen set and she think nothing about using a sharp knife to cut a tomato on a Correll dish

My rule here is simple but strong. The knives I use in her kitchen for carving, slicing and filetting fish are in a drawer and off limits to anyone but me.

My very first full time job after HS was working in the Shrade Walden knife Factory in Ellenville NY. Watching the master sharpen knives on the big leather belts and buffers was a real treat. Good steel makes all the difference in how well a blade can hold an edge and my hunting knives are personal treasures to me.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I find the old wet stone to be therapeutic and I love all my knives to be shaving sharp. Keeping my wife's kitchen knives sharp is an effort in futility. I have spent many hundreds of dollars on the complete Wustoff kitchen set and she think nothing about using a sharp knife to cut a tomato on a Correll dish

My rule here is simple but strong. The knives I use in her kitchen for carving, slicing and filetting fish are in a drawer and off limits to anyone but me.

My very first full time job after HS was working in the Shrade Walden knife Factory in Ellenville NY. Watching the master sharpen knives on the big leather belts and buffers was a real treat. Good steel makes all the difference in how well a blade can hold an edge and my hunting knives are personal treasures to me.

GaryL
    I'm with you on therapeutic now I sometimes sit and turn my knifes into a surgical instruments using my leather Strop. One day after sharpening everything I could get my damn hands on I sharpened my Gerber mâchete until it would shave paper.
    Last edited by TopPredator; 10-06-2014 at 08:34 AM.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Regular old belt sander works pretty good too with a wider sharpening platform than WorkSharp, same principle. Save old worn fine grit belts and use them on knives, shears, axes, machetes,chisels, etc. Finish with stone and/or strop.
    Last edited by Fred; 10-06-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    williamemack likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post

My very first full time job after HS was working in the Shrade Walden knife Factory in Ellenville NY. Watching the master sharpen knives on the big leather belts and buffers was a real treat.

GaryL
    That's awesome!

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know where this is going..... We need a show us your favorite knife thread.

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbanflood View Post
    I know where this is going..... We need a show us your favorite knife thread.
    Done.
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links