The last of my MRE'S
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By qwerty

Thread: The last of my MRE'S

Smile The last of my MRE'S

I am down to my last box of MRE's time to rotate them I now buy mountain house in bulk so I will be giving them and bottle's of water out in the HOOD that I work in many homeless. I have worked in the Gang Banger hood's of Phoenix for 30 years now only been shoot at one time and threatened to be killed two times I am Blessed. 20 more months!!!

Better off with plain old canned foods than MREs for shelter-in-place as the canned goods come with water.

MREs are for people in combat, they'll make anyone else fat really quick. MRE's are 1200 calories each and intended to support an activity level of 3600-4200 calories per day. That's one heck of a lot of exercise, figure a 225 pound man walking 25+ miles per day. With a pack.

Back in the '60s the goobermint created crackers designed to provide all the nutrition a person needed while sheltering in place, specifically for waiting out the decrease in radiation from fallout. Due to an extremely low activity level, daily caloric intake was restricted to 700 calories a cracker, maximum 3 per day for an adult male 225 pounds. 3 crackers per day means practically no solid waste to deal with, either, another critical but often overlooked problem when sheltering in place.

A better bet than MREs for sheltering is high quality commercial food supplements that provide all the nutrients the body needs and little else, and clean water. Any period of sheltering that lasts longer than a couple weeks will also require fiber to prevent digestive system issues from non use.

And you thought you'd thought about prepping?

Smitty Blackstone likes this.

I got the MRE's when my son was in the army he told me how much they sucked so I pick two boxes up to try and yes they do suck. the street people Zombies winter in Phoenix so I will unload them on the Zombies!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great idea! Street people zombies will benefit from the constipation.

Sponosred Links