Photographers set up?
Close

Photographers set up?

I'm looking to pick up a TW200 this winter to get to some more remote spots than I can get in a vehicle, and this bike looks like the perfect choice. Any photographers in the group that have a good solution for caring a large camera backpack safely to their destination? Thanks for any input you might have!

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    I'm looking to pick up a TW200 this winter to get to some more remote spots than I can get in a vehicle, and this bike looks like the perfect choice. Any photographers in the group that have a good solution for caring a large camera backpack safely to their destination? Thanks for any input you might have!
    I have a large camera/laptop backpack and a TW 200. I transport it on my back Strap it down snug and if it has a hip belt like mine use it to keep the weight from swinging back and forth.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

CycleRacks rear rack. I cheat.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Not really an answer to your question, but for my purpopses, Ive found the gopro to be sufficient for all my film and photo needs. It shoots really pretty remarkable photos for what it is, but it does have limitations. Nice to not have to worry about breaking or losing it also.

My photo bag weighs in at 28 pounds and I have 1 large tripod and sometimes another smaller tripod. It's pretty expensive gear, so I'm thinking I need a fairly sturdy box to secure my bag in. Looks like quite a few guys are using those rubbermaid boxes with success.

I would worry about equipment rattling around in the box so would maybe try secure camera bag inside box with foam, or secondary tie down straps mounted inside the Rubbermaid. Tripods should mount up nicely to cyclerack next to Rubbermaid.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I would worry about equipment rattling around in the box so would maybe try secure camera bag inside box with foam, or secondary tie down straps mounted inside the Rubbermaid. Tripods should mount up nicely to cyclerack next to Rubbermaid.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking would work best as well. Those Action Packers look pretty solid.

They are not. Better off with a good plastic tool box and some foam cut to fit if you don't want to spring for the high dollar boxes.

Sponosred Links