Minature 'Dozers....
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Borneo
  • 1 Post By Little General

Thread: Minature 'Dozers....

Minature 'Dozers....

I plan to build one this winter,using a JD140H3 garden tractor as the basis. I've decided upon using mini-excavator rubber tracks ; and of course the undercarriage will have to be fabricated for all of this to have to proper proportional look of a real dozer. I'm very interested in using one of the many mil-surplus Teledyne 4A032 flat four cyl. engines. By chance does anyone else have interest in mini-dozers ? I've seen a few 'in person' and several on the 'Net.The quality level and designs greatly very,as one might imagine. Neat little machines.....like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Please do not show me really cool things like that.
    If I start getting involved with those things, I will definitely have to start looking for a new place to live....

Very cool otherwise!

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Blackstone View Post
    Please do not show me really cool things like that.
    If I start getting involved with those things, I will definitely have to start looking for a new place to live....

Very cool otherwise!
    +1! I have never heard of or seen these, very cool! I hope you build one and share the process with us!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

minature dozers

This is the Teledyne 4 cyl. engine I'll be using. These were manufactured from 1968 thru 1992 or so; used on APU's,field generators,etc.,etc. rated at 6HP,they are in fact 18HP,with lightly modded units approaching 40HP(in one man air boats,light aircraft,etc.). This particular engine is dated 11/89, new in da box......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you thought of using a Chinese diesel engine in it? I put a 6 hp in my Speedex (work in progress). That little dozer looks tempting.

I remember these from Field and Stream when I was a kid.

Attachment 11004

Attachment 11005

Attachment 11006

Attachment 11007

Attachment 11008
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

google the Ditch Witch SK750. I have one and the track set up resembles a few small rims along with an idler wheel and a high drive motor. ( http://i.ytimg.com/vi/VlsP20wBO34/maxresdefault.jpg ) You can purchase new rubber track from Solid Deal ,Rubber Tracks | Skid Steer Tires | Tracks and Tires . I have an account with them and if you know what you need, I can get you a quote. Also a used Dingo or Kanga, or any mini skid steer loader may be a good starting point to get your undercarriage parts. Im sure there are some used units with bad motors out there some where .
    Robbo likes this.
    Chris Reitzel
    Hidden Content
    2007 TW 200
    Too many Hummers

Struck is still in business(Wisconsin). The JD crawler in the picture is using an early set of Struck flat plate tracks and sprockets.

RE the diesel engine-I've been offered an e-start 12 diesel,but a single cylinder would be best if paired with a manual trans to take advantage of it's lugging torque. I'm using a JD318 transaxle,which is best utilized with a powerplant designed for sustained rpm(1000-3600RPM).

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I used to lust after the Struck MAgnatrac and the Mini Beep. Living in the Bronx as a kid, I would never have had a place to use it.

I'd have to be torn away from one if I found one for sale.

Sponosred Links