A RR about the ALCAN and Cassiar
Close

Below is a link to ADV Forum RR -its a fun read.

RR

The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

Wow. Fantastic trip! This is why I am moving to Vancouver, BC!!

Thanks TW2007 for the link. I emailed the link to myself so I can look at it at a later time. Looks really interesting, similar to the couple who do the Mobius Trip on advrider. I love looking at all the road reports, and there are a ton on that site. It's ride reports like that which eventually lead me to this site. Originally, I started google searches to see photo's of other peoples TW's, which led me to the different forum sites, which then I saw ride reports. It is especially fun to see the places I know I will never get too, and sometimes an insight to places I may just visit or ride on.

Thanks again.

P.S. and I should not forget the forums led me to some really good blogs as well, such as yours, where you share your adventures.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Oh, Canada. I want to go live there. First Scotland for a while and then Canada. Sweet dreams.
    Red Max - 1996 TW200 - 14/45, 320mm toothed brake disc, X-Racing titanium exhaust, Ricochet skid plate, Mule hitch pins, large pegs, VeeRubber VRM274&275 tires

It was a good ride report. I have been on part of the trip before in a truck/camper. For some of our "new to riding" members, don't follow his lack of preparation - he didn't have a very good repair kit (couldn't fix a flat), he ventured without maps and he didn't know where he was heading. The one ride, by himself, 160km up the old train grade was plain reckless. He should have had a partner. Bulletproof youthfulness.
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Thanks for posting that. Great photos and writeup. Not shy about posting his mistakes either, which makes it even more interesting.

Sponosred Links