Yellow Perch
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Borneo

Thread: Yellow Perch

Yellow Perch

Well, I recently became aware of the new rules laid down. Actually it was today. Might as well break em today too. As I understand it nothing that provokes argument is allowed. Nothing that mentions religion is allowed. Well, stand back Maude, I'm gonna violate them both.

Now understand, I like it here, so I would only risk banishment to address the most serious and important of issues.

Properly fried fish.

As to ameliorate, at least as much as i can , the argument provoking part of this, I will concede that Southern Boys may reasonably disagree. I have sat around may a plate of fried catfish and puppies in Louisiana fish camps. Hell, I have several Cajun friends. And I would never suggest their point of view is not at least arguable. But they are wrong.

I firmly believe that when the Good Lord sets his mind on a mess of fried fish he goes with fried yellow perch and onion rings. Hands down. I believe. I mean, why would the Supreme Creator settle for anything else? See my logic? Faultless.

Just in passing I will note that the Good Lord probably also chooses a Ruana Smokejumper when it comes time to slide on a belt knife. I mean, they are made in Montana for Pete's sake. Used to be made out of Studebaker leaf springs. Still made by hand the old fashioned way too. Rudy would be proud. Why would the Lord choose a lesser knife? Once again. Unassailable logic.

Attachment 10865Attachment 10867

What I'm really trying to say here is...supper was excellent.
    littletommy and goldenhtr like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Love them ol' Rudy's! I have two....one is a 'sticker' with the small Bowie stamp, which means it's pre-1962, I think. The other one is a 16-B semi-skinner with the 'M' stamp that Rudy signed and dated for me in 1976. I'm old, old school, and love old hunting knives that look like hunting knives are supposed to look.......to MY eye.

PS.......My first post. Love the forum, but don't have a TW yet. Hopefully this Spring that will change!
    Last edited by wolfy; 10-25-2014 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Additions

Love them ol' Rudy's! I have two....one is a 'sticker' with the small Bowie stamp, which means it's pre-1962, I think. The other one is a 16-B semi-skinner with the 'M' stamp that Rudy signed and dated for me in 1976. I'm old, old school, and love old hunting knives that look like hunting knives are supposed to look.......to MY eye.
    You better believe it bro. A knife made to do a knife's work. I strap one on almost every day. I have a couple, but the little Smokejumper usually gets the nod. No good reason really. I just like it.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Tell ya something else Wolfy. You don't need a TW to hang out here, and you don't need a TW to post here. Join right in. Hardly ever see me say anything about the bikes anymore. Can't really tell you why. Guess I just already said what I know about them. Sweet bikes though. Had them for years. You get one you will see. Meanwhile, join in the fun, or what is left of it, and have a fine time.

Actually, I'm not talking to my TW at the moment. Silly twit jumped a rut and totally trashed a good bass rod I was holding across the bars. Unacceptable behavior.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

"I firmly believe that when the Good Lord sets his mind on a mess of fried fish he goes with fried yellow perch and onion rings. Hands down."

Couldn't agree more. Yellow Perch are my #1 go to for a fish fry
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

The Good Lord prefers Catfish. No debate. Yellow Perch??? Geez.... Amateurs

Yellow perch? Only if from spring fed water. Bluegill and shellcrackers are just as good. Only if from spring fed water. All are mild tasting.

The absolute best fish is oceanic snook. Broiled or grilled. Nothing on it.

Sponosred Links