Cheacking in Monday to Friday on TW200 Forum.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Cheacking in Monday to Friday on TW200 Forum.

Checking in Monday to Friday on TW200 Forum.

On my Breaks and lunch and between jobs this is how I keep up. 10746878_10204023134890763_2106823428_o.jpg
    Last edited by ZDR1; 10-31-2014 at 10:42 PM.

That's real cool.. I wish I could do that at work. Oh wait, I'm retired so I can. OMM.

^^^What Mad Max Said^^^
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

^^Retirement Newbies^^
    Been enjoying "retirement" for 10 years now..

Just teasing ya, enjoy it! We waited all our lives for this to get here!
    Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Retired at 53 back in 2002 Tommy...and even though my pocket book took a hit, I would not change it....wife retired from teaching after the 2013 school year, but she still teaches 25 hours a week and I still umpire and officiate, thus giving us spending money while the retirement bucks pay the bills....I recommend that any younger guys and gals retire early if they are able, after all, you cannot take it with you, and why let the kids and Uncle Sam fight over what's left....we have good life insurance and they can have that and the house, the rest I plan on spending, and contributing to my special causes...

Enjoy Life, it flies by in the blink of an eye
    troll likes this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

I was 53 too Hoot. Wish I could have done it at 40..
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

This is the last year of actively farming the same ground that my grandpa, father and brother & I have been farming since 1917. At 67, I look forward to retiring and just putting around the perimeter on a TW and watching a renter do it next year. I feel like I've earned it......at least my body does!
    Hoot Gibson, Fred and Peterb like this.

Let's give a round of applause for wolf and his family farm. Once the backbone of America the family farm is rapidly being exterminated by big agra-business.
    wolfy, Hoot Gibson, Peterb and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Smile

Thanks, Fred......yeah, it's sad, really. When I was a kid working for neighbors, I started out making a dollar/hour. Then, later on, we started getting $1.25/ hour......a whole sawbuck for eight hours af pretty strenuous work. You can't even hire a kid anymore.....they refuse to work!

It's true about the 'agribusiness' end of it, too. I remember every farmer around here raised hogs, cattle, chickens, alfalfa, soybeans, corn....AND grew a big garden. Not anymore. You never see any animals on farms these days. All are raised in confinement operations and all the farms are specialized. Corn & soybeans or hay and the farms are HUGE. I'm glad I'm as old as I am and can remember how we were diversified and I looked forward to each new year........no more. I've had enough.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Thanks, Fred......yeah, it's sad, really. When I was a kid working for neighbors, I started out making a dollar/hour. Then, later on, we started getting $1.25/ hour......a whole sawbuck for eight hours af pretty strenuous work. You can't even hire a kid anymore.....they refuse to work!

It's true about the 'agribusiness' end of it, too. I remember every farmer around here raised hogs, cattle, chickens, alfalfa, soybeans, corn....AND grew a big garden. Not anymore. You never see any animals on farms these days. All are raised in confinement operations and all the farms are specialized. Corn & soybeans or hay and the farms are HUGE. I'm glad I'm as old as I am and can remember how we were diversified and I looked forward to each new year........no more. I've had enough.
    Need to pay a visit to Mercer County, Ohio Wolfy....family farms are alive and well...sure we have Coopers Mega Meats, which produce Turkeys by the trainload for the grocery stores nationwide, but the family dairy, hog, and chicken farms are alive and well, passed down from generation to generation....and Mercer County is still by far the larges Grain producing county in the state, mainly corn, wheat, and soybeans......guess that's why an acre of farm land is still going at rates of $7000 or more an acre.
    wolfy likes this.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links