My Gestations!!!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: My Gestations!!!

My Gestations!!!

Gestation

Gestation is the carrying of an embryo or fetus inside female viviparous animals. It is typical for mammals, but also occurs for some non-mammals. Mammals during pregnancy can have one or more gestations at the same time (multiple gestations).

So it was, nothing but a small embryo after trading rides out in the desert... My Ranger Rzr, for a TW200. About and hour was spent tooling around on the "Simple small Bike"

After that day, that embryo soon began to grow, as Forest Service guys and gals began hoisting upon me the rules, the administrative dictates, who, what and where thou shall be allotted to ride, and Lordy Lord of all if you get apprehended either CROSSING a paved road or traveling down a paved road so as to connect with a trail... In my community, even it is a county dirt road it is considered a main access road meaning NO OHV period! The problem was, connecting to the open trail system without having to load legally the Ranger on a trailer which, honestly is ridiculous for me. I put up with this for years riding with my buds--LIKE rebellious pirates on the open seas we were. Didn't make it right just ornery as older we become more rambunctious we become.

Ignoring as much as we could manage to steal or get away with...

Then came the last realignment the BLM completed. Including assigning more personnel to include County Mounties on Motorcycles and ATV's to police the masses that come each holiday in droves. I just finally came to the conclusion a TW was going to become part of my garage inventory as it became obvious I needed more freedom to amble about the boondocks when and where I wished only as a licensed street-able vessel authorities would ignore versus the "stop and jest" horse-manure I had been undergoing. Now that I think of it, keeping a Ranger totally fit, reliable requires lots of maintenance and man? The bill Polaris loved to heap on its customers made owning my full size jeep an attractive deal!

So? Here I am with the "Lil Bike" as of this moment, it has no designation, no name even. Mini-Gizmo was the former Ranger's name. I often referred or compared to that of the old WW2 Jeep of bygone era, only in modern form. I suppose not many these days have come to such a conclusion, but for me it did as I traveled many miles in the durned things once upon a time. So? Where am I going with this?

Good question so sayz I?

Between the two? Ranger, the Yammy Haw? I miss my Ranger way more than I thought I would. Bad knees, bad back, broken brain, no sense, always lacking for Mulah, thats money for you young folk, a women that gives highly effective instructions to include proclamations proclaiming she'll go along with this or that but only if we _____ fill in the blank boys! I wish I wish I only wish...

I wish the Yammy Haw had EFI, I wish it had a seat my boney ass could managed pressing upon its surface without feeling like I were giving birth to a 2X4 (not to be confused with Hemorrhoidal orifice pain) more than 6 mile or so...

I wish I could enjoy this like package deal equipped with a seating position that didn't clamp my knees and hips together so low I await that of the colonoscopy camera to be inserted. Only minus the sedatives! [;>]

Little to no rear braking, especially upon entering a corner at night, rural county road and the need for a wee bit of slow-down is wished for... spooky for first time riders. Once the rider survives that lil bit of tarnished backside dribble he learns to keep it slow from there on.

I wish while entering a corner on pavement the Yammy's front tire did not cause me a certain panic sensation to suddenly erupt in my lower stomach region! As eating pavement is not in keeping with good honest overall stress relief as I thought it should be.

I did look for months the different brands of dual sport bikes. Most all scart me as I could not manage my short 31 inch inseam leg over and around the saddle. Needing an apple crate or a tailgate to mount dismount did not seem in my best interest. The Beemer adventure riders did their utmost at recruiting my bum over to their tall bikes, making me even more skittish including the expense. The falling down part, well, just seems like a long way down for me.
    I wish I rode it before buying it. For if I did, realizing just how BAD the overall ride is would have had me walking away from the whole deal. So? Heres my take.

I either sell the thing at a horrible loss? End of riding career, or?

Spend $$$.

I have spent many hours off and on reading within these forums, so much so I have not posted much until now.

I found a site that can supply me with a custom seat BMS Bill Mayers

Yam_TW200.jpg

As for the rest, I see em all in here, tires and the reviews I see as well. I guess its just me complaining having to remake over what should have already by now been done at the factory. All because motorcycle manufactures ignore North American customer preferences.
    old white truck likes this.

Life's compromises can be frustrating. I hear, understand and sympathize with all the above. Any suggestions we make, like getting a horse, entail their own unpleasantries. Certainly one of my main reasons for getting a TW was to not feel like an outlaw while trail riding. That alone helps me forget a lot of other TW shortcomings. Your new seat looks very nice, that should eliminate at least one pain in the a$$ complaint.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Heck, I like it slow, clunky, uncomfortable and archaic.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have heard others complain of the rear brakes on the TW. I would only agree if the argument involved easy application of the rear brake. My bike has rear brakes that I can lock up into a skid from 40 mph. Getting that kind of braking power out of the bike requires a lot of downward pressure on the lever but is very serviceable to me. The seat, well that is a different story altogether The handling on pavement seems good to me even with the factory front tire, and I am a newbie on the road. I guess since I have no experience with superior equipment maybe I have lower expectations. Overall I would buy it again in a heartbeat! My only complaint with the bike is that it gets lonely and is now requesting a stablemate to hang out with.

Tom
    Last edited by Dryden-Tdub; 11-01-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I thought those were features!

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Heck, I like it slow, clunky, uncomfortable and archaic.

That's the main reason we bought dubs 8 years ago.. We have land in Da-yooper, and the cops would stop my friends 4 wheeler if rode on the side of the road........ OMM.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Well, as my Gramps used to say. Feel better son? Get it off your chest?

Ya-Guess so, better get on with some upgrades then.
    Fred, Dryden-Tdub and Hoot Gibson like this.

Hey, at 5' 10" I only have a 29 inch inseam....but still manage to get on the thing with no problems...getting off of it without my right foot dragging across the seat is another thing....then there is that lack of a 6th gear ....other than that the 40-45 mph I ride the back roads around Grand Lake is all I need, as long as I stay off{as much as possible} the state and federal highway....but I feel your pain, but I'm not looking back, and I'm not selling the Tw....however, I have been looking at another street bike in the 550-750 cc range...those old ghosts are starting to reappear:

I guess the bottom line of my love affair of the T~Dub will come next March if I hook up with Borneo, Fred, ZDiver, and others at Moab ....that will be the real test if I spent my extra cash wisely for a new toy.
    ZDR1 likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Mel
    How in the world do all you "Easterners" ever expect to sample our Western hospitality if you don't come to Moab?
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    How in the world do all you "Easterners" ever expect to sample our Western hospitality if you don't come to Moab?
    Mel
    We are still in the scheming stage Mel. This is a big trip that requires a delicate touch and likely several trips to jewelry stores and "Coach" purse outlets. I will probably have to promise a few chick flicks between now and then as well. Proper planning prevents murderous Mrs.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links