Wasted Taxes
Close

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Wasted Taxes

Wasted Taxes

If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Publik Skols.

And no role model
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That "no role model" is bull crap. The notion of "no role model" is political poppycock. If there really was "no role model" where did the sperm from which he was conceived come from? He has a role model, passed out in the weeds in the empty lot by the pool hall. Most of these bastard children actually do have role models, and the boys will probably grow up to be just like their fathers, which is passed out in the weeds in the empty lot by the pool hall. Monkey see, monkey do is pretty much universal across ethnic dividing lines.

Smitty Blackstone likes this.

That. Is, Horrifying.
    I agree with Qwerty though, it's happening everywhere and everyone has role models, they're just not all necessarily good ones.
    Finally picked up a Tdub...

That's awful. I could just barely even make it through it.

Roles models? Are you serious, or was that a bit of a joke? If you were serious then I would suggest that type of thinking is just part of the problem. Role models exist in abundance in this Country, even to this day. There is no government program for role models. They don't assign you role models based upon the government's perception of your need, or even based on actual demonstrated need.

It is the basic obligation and duty of every person, for themselves and to themselves, to seek out and find role models. You can role model someone you have never even met. You can role model a man or woman long dead. But, you have to want and desire those positive traits. Even more importantly you have to be able to identify those admirable traits. And that being said, you now have the problem.
    Last edited by Borneo; 11-04-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    troll and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Are we all forgetting that all role models are not necessarily good role models? If you want to be a worthless thug you usually hitch your wagon to that of another worthless thug. Lots of successful individuals grew up in homes where worthless role models were the norm. Bringing yourself out of the gutter in and of itself is the first step but you get to decide. Accepting the roll of Victim is the teaching of today in many less fortunate family structures and it is coming around to haunt most inner city areas both in this and many other countries. Being a victim is easy while being a survivor takes a bit of work!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I guess it may be a mater of semantics. I think of role models in the positive. I think of the others as negative influences.

Regardless, unless you can get over step one, being taught or teaching yourself to spot and admire positive traits, you are cast to the winds of chance.
    Mr.Paynter likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

By the way Top, I appreciated this post. In fact I'd "like" it. Except I don't.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    That's awful. I could just barely even make it through it.

Roles models? Are you serious, or was that a bit of a joke? If you were serious then I would suggest that type of thinking is just part of the problem. Role models exist in abundance in this Country, even to this day. There is no government program for role models. They don't assign you role models based upon the government's perception of your need, or even based on actual demonstrated need.

It is the basic obligation and duty of every person, for themselves and to themselves, to seek out and find role models. You can role model someone you have never even met. You can role model a man or woman long dead. But, you have to want and desire those positive traits. Even more importantly you have to be able to identify those admirable traits. And that being said, you now have the problem.
    Hate to say it, but there is no clean end on the turd no matter the semantics. Semantics makes no difference, unless one chooses to be further buffaloed by bull crap. Look where that has gotten us. The root of the problem is people make different choices when nobody is looking than they do when somebody is looking. Nobody is born a winner or a looser, we are all born choosers. No exceptions.

Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links