Some wasted taxes ?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Some wasted taxes ?

Some wasted taxes ?

I saw another thread about finical aid to students.
    Here's one I know.
    Divorce working mother of 2 girls. Oldest ages out of forced visitation with dad. Youngest 15 with a boyfriend, dad leaves together for a evening. Yep 15 and pregnant. Both girls honor role in high school. Oldest started collage courses in high school. All on scholarships, 15 year old had already qualified for a few. Has child a son, at 16, still in school on collage prep and working part time. We noticed the baby was tongue tied and had a red spot in the white of his eye. WIC(?) Dr say they no longer recommend clipping. Eye is just the way he is. Poor kid couldn't lick and ice cream cone. At 18 they move for collage. Married the dad of baby. Didn't last, dad is living out of that suitcase instead of closing it.( it's my own metaphor) Full tuition is covered for school ! All on scholarships.
    Son has a pre- school physical- hey this kid is tongue tied. That needs to be taking care of he can not talk. So he gets his tongue clipped. Speech therapy for 5 years. In school it's required that eye test be performed. Eye examiner says-he has a spot in his eye. So he is sent to U of M he has a tumor that is behind his eye and will make him lose his eye sight if they can't clip it off the optic nerve. He has eye surgery they couldn't remove all of tumor. Dr are hopeful that they removed enough that his vision will be saved. And "kill" tumor. It will be monitored for the rest of his life.
    He didn't have these operations when he was a baby because the system looked at the statistics. 15 year old unwed mother. They wrote them off.
    Guess what Mom has graduated collage. With 2 degrees, got her career job. Is high up in banking, I'm not sure her current title. But about 75,000+ a year, and many bonuses.
    I wrote this because she posted an update about her [email protected]
    He just out scored everyone in his district ( by age/ grade) by over 20- Im not sure if that's % or points. But she was called in to school and told. That since he was such a high academic achiever the state will track him. When he gets to junior high and high school. Making sure that he has the program's needed for him to excel.
    So be careful who you write off. That 16 year old mother and baby just might change our world.

Or the kid could be the next up and coming serial killer. No matter what they wound up with for parents some people will wrench every ounce out of life that they can. Humans are capable of far more than they achieve. Us included.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Really that's what you got out of that.
    That's the exact mentality of the health care providers that didn't give him the care they would have had he had a 30's 2-parent family.
    We judge people. Looks income, what ever. That's not for us do decide.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This in the general forum section! Really?

Excellent discussion that belongs in the Off Topic section.

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

rbm
    Moved.

Well, here is the thing Padilen. I'm unsure how what you described happened since the doctors would get paid through medicaid, which any way you slice it is a gift from those of us who work and pay taxes. Plus, really, when you think about it, a lot of care has been provided, I'm assuming the therapy too. Most likely that care, if I understand the time-frame you described, was also free.

I guess, I really don't get the point of the story. The "government" doesn't really have any money of it's own. In fact it siphons and leeches off more than you can imagine. The money comes from people who get up, get dressed and go to work.

I hope you are right and he does change the world for the better. Doesn't always work that way. Top graduate of my law school class became an alcoholic, suffered health problems because of that, and now lives on disability. Waste of talent. And a sad story.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    This in the general forum section! Really?

Excellent discussion that belongs in the Off Topic section.

GaryL
    Ask and be granted....lol
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

The young man in this post apparently had physical disabilities. Here is an amazing composite of famous people who had learning disabilities. http://www.vmi.edu/uploadedfiles/aca...%20updated.pdf
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Ask and be granted....lol
    I'd rather do my drinking and BSing down in the bar room and leave the upstairs for the real TW discussions. We get in enough trouble all on our own.

Thanks RBM.

Gary
    Hoot Gibson and troll like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Good plan. It's dollar draft night anyways.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links