America
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: America

America

America Imagine The World Without Her

I bought this DVD today and finished watching it. Please go buy it. I promise you, you will be inspired to show it to every person in your family. Every American needs to watch the film.
    Dinesh D'Souza What would the world look like if American never existed.

I found this clip on YouTube of Dinesen D'Souza to give you a taste of what he's all about.

Last edited by TopPredator; 11-09-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by revelation View Post
    Dinesen D'Souza's work should be required in high schools. It's that important.
    You are so correct and I think I should have said. Every person in the World should watch the America Film.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

'Merica! Yes, he is a talented film maker. My wife went to see his film when it was in select theaters. Not without his faults though. I was disappointed initially when the government went at him with criminal charges. Possibly more disappointed when I learned that he agreed that he had indeed committed a felony involving election campaign laws.

Dinesh D?Souza on felony sentence: 'The main thing for me is not being silenced' | Fox News
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Our judicial system is handing out felonies like Candy. Once a person receives this verdict most are doomed into poverty. I have a friend who received a felony. He was 18 hanging out with the wrong crowd and making poor decisions. He has been a model citizen struggling for the last 25 years. I believe there should be some type of criteria where a person could work towards having their felony expunged.
    I don't think the felony will hurt someone like D'Souza as much as it would a person without his talent. "Felony" The modern day Scarlet Letter.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    'Merica! Yes, he is a talented film maker. My wife went to see his film when it was in select theaters. Not without his faults though. I was disappointed initially when the government went at him with criminal charges. Possibly more disappointed when I learned that he agreed that he had indeed committed a felony involving election campaign laws.

Dinesh D?Souza on felony sentence: 'The main thing for me is not being silenced' | Fox News

Whereas I am not defending Dinesh at all. The freaking hypocrisy of our legal system is maddening. Equal application of the law is essential in a nation like ours and we are nowhere even close when you compare Joe citizen to Joe politician. Enjoy reading some of the crimes vs. punishments below.

List of state and local political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Gentlemen, Mr. D'Souza did not "get convicted' of a felony by a jury. He voluntarily plead guilty to it. I'm not discounting his work or his talent, nor am I going to make excuses for him. He did admit he broke the law knowiingly, and more importantly, he broke the law concerning the very foundation of our nation. Our electoral process. I pointed this out merely because in my world, just because I agree with you doesn't mean I will excuse your failings.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Agreed. The link in my post does show the glaring difference in punishments for similar offenses depending on who the offender is. Politicians, often are not punished to the same extent as average citizens are. There can be no justification for that. Can there?

Tom

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

I don't claim to know the details, nor will I probably put the effort in to learning them. But I do agree that fairness should always prevail. However, when a person pleads guilty, the only option a Judge has is to sentence them on the charge the person admitted to. As I understand it, he received what basically was a probationary sentence. No jail or prison, despite the prosecution lobbying for that. So, all things considered, I suppose he received a fair sentence. Or, at least a lenient one.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

On Tuesday, Judge Richard M. Berman of Federal District Court in Manhattan sentenced D’Souza to five years of probation, a $30,000 fine and eight month in a San Diego community confinement center where he will undergo “therapeutic counseling.” Such a center typically involves a “residence in a halfway house, restitution center, community treatment center, mental health facility, alcohol or drug rehabilitation center, or other community facility.”

Not exactly Sing Sing max. Still most offenses of this type result in civil prosecutions.

http://<script type="text/javascript.../a></noscript>

Tom

Yes, I did read the sentence. I guess the lesson here is, if you are talented and undertake to ruffle the feathers of the powers that be, make sure your house is in order.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links