• 1 Post By Borneo
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By Hoot Gibson

Thread: Decision Time...To Bike or Beer

Decision Time...To Bike or Beer

Sitting here this morning, catching up on Veterans Salutes on my Facebook page...and waiting for the expected cold and wet weather to arrive...they said 80% chance of showers, strong winds, and a high of 60....well here it is 12:30pm and we have sunshine, the wind, and 64 degrees...I checked the Radar, and the front is coming...but not yet. SO.....

I headed out to the Market where a buddy of mine works and told me last night during Dartball that a new shipment of brews came it...so off I go....lo and behold, 12 Dogs Christmas Ale...there is a case of six packs setting there, a bit pricy at $10.99 but WTH? I grab that....and then I spy a few six packs of Old Man Winter, from the upstate NY Brewery that produces the Good Pumking Ale, albeit pricy...as is Old Man Winter Ale...but I collect a 6 pack at $12.99....ouch, why more than I like to spend....but I now have a garage full of nearly 5 cases of my favorite Winter Lager and Ales....that should do me until Christmas....if not, color me stupid..

Anyway I set aside a six pack of the Dogs for the guy helping me with some footwork for the Moab Trip, Borneo, and am now packing the rest into the basement...gonna be cold next week, highs only in the 20s a couple of days they say, don't want no broken expensive beer and ale gone to waste...however today's warmer and sunnier than expected weather leaves me in a quandary....I have already went out to the Lake Side Bike Path and walked 3 miles...now do I jump on the TW one more time{thought yesterday would be the last} or OR do I pull up a sturdy lawn chair in the back yard and fire up a good cigar and try a 12 Dog and maybe an Old Man Winter while lighting one up?????

Decisions~Decisions

Walking, a Cigar, and a couple Winter Brews might just be a good mix on the last day of Indian Summer, Don't you think?

Walk, Bike, Beer 009.JPGWalk, Bike, Beer 003.JPGWalk, Bike, Beer 005.JPG
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 11-11-2014 at 10:40 AM.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Well, it's heading your way. I thought I would be able to ride back to the office after lunch, but it ain't looking viable at the moment. I think I'll eat another handful of chips and have a slice of pie and then make the call. Brown Santa is supposed to be here with my Happy Trail Mojave bags today. I got a little "projecting" planned for after work and a dry motorcycle would be a plus.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Always ride first, then drink. Hoot you got plenty of time to tear it up on the TW today don't you? Go for a ride, then come home and relax. I want to ride every day I can. It's *23 out there today and if I am traveling at 25-35 mph, that makes it about *5 degrees with the windchill factor.

Me? I'd ride. Even a short ride is so exhilarating, I love it. Go for a ride, then kick back Hoot. I'm going in a little while.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

^^^ I did, one zip along Lake Shore Drive, then to the country Fairgrounds next to the house, where I did some experimenting on the gravel and loose pea gravel....talking with Borneo the other day, and after riding for an hour today...the decision has been made...gotta change that stock front tire before Moab....

Damn...now the clouds are moving in....do I have time to smoke one or do I pull up Big Dog's Web Site and read and view the photos from his just completed fall ride
    littletommy likes this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

Good for you Hoot!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Always ride first, then drink. Hoot you got plenty of time to tear it up on the TW today don't you? Go for a ride, then come home and relax. I want to ride every day I can. It's *23 out there today and if I am traveling at 25-35 mph, that makes it about *5 degrees with the windchill factor.

Me? I'd ride. Even a short ride is so exhilarating, I love it. Go for a ride, then kick back Hoot. I'm going in a little while.
    Time to kick back bro, rides done.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Well, it's heading your way. I thought I would be able to ride back to the office after lunch, but it ain't looking viable at the moment. I think I'll eat another handful of chips and have a slice of pie and then make the call. Brown Santa is supposed to be here with my Happy Trail Mojave bags today. I got a little "projecting" planned for after work and a dry motorcycle would be a plus.
    It's here...I sit here sipping on an Old Man Winter and watching a straight line rain...not heavy but blown by a good stiff west to Northwest wind....it should clear off by tonight and temps dropping to 28 so they say....meanwhile I didn't get out to light up a Cigar, but will sip a couple of cold ones.....
    Tong&Groove likes this.

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links