Gawd D*mn Computers
Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Gawd D*mn Computers

Gawd D*mn Computers

Just as I clicked onto this site yesterday about 4pm...I get a message from our "security monitor"...so I clean the computer and it goes bonkers...seems a virus claiming to be from our security was instead the culprit....down goes the computer, only 4 months old, it's back in the shop....I hate the wife's laptop, so out I go to Wally World and plunk down about $400 for a new ACER lap top that fits my hands and I can carry around...not a big laptop fan, but I figure it was time to join the party....now if I can just get used to this thing.....I hate the precision touchpad and it came with a wireless mouse, making it a bit easier to maneuver with.....

Here We Go!
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    good luck with the new gear Hoot. Even though you are an old dog... I'm betting you can learn a new trick or two..
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Just as I clicked onto this site yesterday about 4pm...I get a message from our "security monitor"...so I clean the computer and it goes bonkers...seems a virus claiming to be from our security was instead the culprit....down goes the computer, only 4 months old, it's back in the shop....I hate the wife's laptop, so out I go to Wally World and plunk down about $400 for a new ACER lap top that fits my hands and I can carry around...not a big laptop fan, but I figure it was time to join the party....now if I can just get used to this thing.....I hate the precision touchpad and it came with a wireless mouse, making it a bit easier to maneuver with.....

Here We Go!
    Damn Hoot I wish I could have spoke with you before your purchase. A Chromebook may have been right up your alley. Less expensive and all day battery life. Also no viruses ever! Lots of upside to a Chromebook.

Tom
    Hoot Gibson, ZDR1, Fred and 1 others like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hoot do you have Wi-Fi Router at your house? that is the way to go with the laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Damn Hoot I wish I could have spoke with you before your purchase. A Chromebook may have been right up your alley. Less expensive and all day battery life. Also no viruses ever! Lots of upside to a Chromebook.

Tom
    Son #2 informed me of same today right after he gave a presentation in Columbus....to late I tell him...O'Well, we will muddle through

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Hoot do you have Wi-Fi Router at your house? that is the way to go with the laptop.
    House is completely wired.....with wife's teaching these days being mostly on line, it is a must...

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post

Tom
    That looks like a great deal I am going to pick one up on Black Friday or cyber Monday as a back up for my home PC .
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

I know Wally World is hated by many.....but bang for the buck and no hassle returns you can't beat...they have "Black Friday" sales on right now....just saying, the electronic section is full of quality items at deep discounts...

Hidden Content

The only problem I have with Walmart is none of the employee's speak English and I could get knifed in the parking lot out west.

I absolutely hate any new computer stuff. Learning new tricks is much more fun out in the shop. Every time I get the pop up for updates I cringe because the next thing will be I lost all my add Ons and nothing seems to work. When I finally do buy s new lap top that seems to work I plan to find a good picture of Zero and bring it up full size on this stupid IPad. Walk it out to the 100 yard line and see how many rounds it take to blow the battery sky high.

For or those who claim Apple/ Mac is the way to go I would like it if you just come over and hold the IPad and IPhone while I shoot. I think I am up to around IOS 8.25 with all these stupid bug fixes that don't do anything but burn my monthly allotment of GBs from the satellite. I grew up with one phone in the house on a party line. If I was not home no one missed me that much and there was no answering machine or voice mail. We had fun listening to Mrs. Brown making plans with Mr. Smith just by slowly picking up the phone and being quiet. Today the NSA gets to have all the fun.

when ever I do get a new computer I always have to have my 12 year old great niece come over to set it up. Believe it or not, she can't adjust the valves on a TW or change her cars oil any better than I can download a new computer program and get it working. These thing suck!

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links