Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Size Matters

Size Matters

TW-Brian likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Freightliner: Owned by Germans, made in Mexico. Just goes to show that with enough money even a piece of crap can put on a show. Of course, the president does the same. The Cascadia is the same model I drive and can't make it through one service interval without needing zip ties, bailing wire, and racer tape to keep it from falling apart. Literally.

Castrol: owned by BP, advocating terrorism for profit for decades.

Know that which you worship.

I was noticing a lot of videos being posted- I've tried but can't view. But noticed a lot of Monster sponsorship. So with my suspicious mind, I've been wondering how much profit a drink can make. Or??? Kind of funny I was checking another form and saw this.
    http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=308633

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Last time I hauled Monster out of Houston net was 45,213 pounds. That's ~45,000 cans, at $2 each. That's ~$90,000 per truck, and last time I was at HANS picking up I timed trucks at 16/hour, so multiply $90,000 times 16 trucks per hour times 24 hours per day times 365 days per year to arrive at the annual retail value shipped through just this ONE distribution center.

Anywho, net income of Monster Energy products alone is just under $400,000,000 per year. That's net income, that which is left after expenses are paid, including all Monster's sponsorship deals. Appealing to chemical addictions of Americans is very profitable.

I have yet to try any of these new highly profitable drinks. Don't plan to either. Do plan on continuing enjoying the extreme sports and videos they sponsor though. So thank you folks who are paying $2 a can so I can watch tube crazy stuff for free; your gullibility is to my benefit.
    troll and qwerty like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I've never tried them.
    But I still have my suspicions of where the money is from.

Quote Originally Posted by Padilen View Post
    I've never tried them.
    But I still have my suspicions of where the money is from.
    Nice Alynskian innuendo insult. Won't wash here.

Hansen Natural (HANS) is the parent company, recently changed their name to Monster Energy. Funny thing is Hansen Natural has no mention of Monster on its website. Hmmm??? HANS is a top 5 beverage seller worldwide. They were my preferred drinks for my kids as there products tended to be significantly less of a health threat than common beverages. I saw the corporation as a stable growth investment and haven't been disappointed.

Monster has an unusual advertising program featuring sponsoring extreme sports teams and artists, then allowing youtube to provide free online presence. Must work: HANS has seen a 10 times sales volume increase over the past 10 years. 167% price per unit volume increase over the past 10 years. 167000% gross sales increase over the past 10 years. Monster has been a big part of that growth.

Hate to grate your heart, but Monster's money comes from pure ol' honest capitalism. Nothing to be suspicious of.

Size Matters

I didn't insult. It's my thoughts. I can't grasp the concept that a company can make that much profit. Just like I don't understand coupons, why waste paper ink when you could lower the price for everyone? Can't under stand redoing box, can, packaging size and claim your saving the consumer money. And I don't understand most sports. Like baseball. What fun is it to have someone stand in a field while another tries to throw a ball that isn't meant to be hit to the person in the field? Much more fun to take turns hitting running and catching that ball. I've only been to two professional events, both times as a chaperone.
    And I have NO idea what an Alynskian is.
    Last edited by Padilen; 11-23-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Well, seems my dysgraphia is acting up. Shoulda spelled that A-l-i-n-s-k-y-a-n. It's a reference to a book by Saul Alinsky, a great unamerican.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I have yet to try any of these new highly profitable drinks. Don't plan to either. Do plan on continuing enjoying the extreme sports and videos they sponsor though. So thank you folks who are paying $2 a can so I can watch tube crazy stuff for free; your gullibility is to my benefit.
    Your welcome!

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links