Vegetarians.
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Vegetarians.

Vegetarians.

The numbers are indeed interesting, but I'm posting it for the amazing spin attempt in the last paragraph.

Most vegetarians go back to meat, new study shows - NY Daily News
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I try to eat healthy but damm BBQ taste good!
    tcepilot and Gulfrider like this.

My daughter is pretty close to being a vegetarian ,it drives me nuts ! I hope she converts to being a human again ,or at least moves out soon ......
    tcepilot likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Was at my father-in-law's funeral this week in Wisconsin, and as usual we ate well...one of the wife's cousins used to be a big time Liberal and "Veggie"...she is still a dimwitted leftist, but kicked back to eating meat...since we were celebrating Bill's life and not wanting to get into politics, I let it go....but next time I see her, when she and her millionaire hubby are rubbing elbows with us common folk, I will ask this Limo Lib why the change of heart?
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    There are a lot of reasons to cut back on high production farmed meat of any sort... beef, pig, chicken or fish. All one needs to do is a bit of open minded research on the subject and the value to individual and the environment becomes clear. It becomes almost as highly charged a discussion as affordable health care and politics. Everyone spins their side of the story.

Historically there is less disease and obesity in populations that consume less animal protein.
    qwerty likes this.

Yep, the Inuit proved that.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Less Red Meat is a good thing, less of any high fat, high carb, foods is a good thing...but I've never seen a "strict" Veggie that wasn't a mess, both physically and mentally...as far as strict Veggie or Vegans being in better health, like anything else it is a matter of one's view....I gave up on more than one "meat" meal a day long ago, but it was more for weight reasons and feeling good than long term health benefits....of course being the hypocrite I am, I still drink plenty of Beer and Ale{mostly of the amber and dark types}...but as far as giving up all meat for some kind of humanitarian or political statement, that IMO is pure Bull Sheet....

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    I actually wrote a paper on that subject while in university. Inuit life expectancy pre contact was 40 years and they have evolved a liver that is about twice the size of a European who had a broader spectrum diet. Conversely an aboriginal population in the Himalayas at a similar time with a 2% animal protein diet had a contribution to their community into their 90s (life expectancy).

My step daughter is one of those vegetarians that preaches the ‘purity’ of her lifestyle (to show off her inflated ego & need to be ‘all that’) but has a pretty dirty back yard herself…she smokes, takes drugs, goes on binge diets, is a belligerent excessive drinker, and generally hard to be around. A know-it-all. Many times I've gotten a beer out of her fridge to see an open pack of bacon and seen boxes of hamburger helper in her cupboard. I'm just a step-dad and don't see much value in arguing with her.

Myself….I understand the value of vegetables and the effects of eating lots of meat. Like Hoot, I eat less of it now than I used to, but don’t get between me and an occasional full rack of slow cooked, wood smoked ribs or a nicely charred thick Porterhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Damn Boreno....the Steve McQueen ICON...Gone? and for Sean Connery????
    OurDee likes this.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links