Why iz dat???
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Why iz dat???

Why iz dat???

New thread- for anyone curious about something that can't find the reason/answer for....serious or otherwise.

One of mine-

Two of my close buddies sport facial hair(beards). Nothing unusual,not my preference,but,to each,his own. Now,on occasion ,I have tactfully asked each pal "why the hell do you have that?"
    I never get a sensible/believable response;often a mean scowl,a suggestion that I should have sex with myself,etc.,etc. Of course,at that point in our polite discussion,I'll rename one of them 'Abe' or
    "Caleb" and ask them to loose the horse and buggy and join us in this century. That doesn't help,either.
    All joking aside,I would like to know what the motivation is- Too lazy to shave? Diggin' that Harvard prof look? What? These two guys are a bit too sensitive to my questions,so maybe someone knows
    what the benefits of beards are.......

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Susan likes mine.

Otherwise, I'd be clean shaven.

Used to love going to the barber for a real shave. I really miss it, but a relationship is full of compromise.

I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Landser View Post
    New thread- for anyone curious about something that can't find the reason/answer for....serious or otherwise.

One of mine-

Two of my close buddies sport facial hair(beards). Nothing unusual,not my preference,but,to each,his own. Now,on occasion ,I have tactfully asked each pal "why the hell do you have that?"
    I never get a sensible/believable response;often a mean scowl,a suggestion that I should have sex with myself,etc.,etc. Of course,at that point in our polite discussion,I'll rename one of them 'Abe' or
    "Caleb" and ask them to loose the horse and buggy and join us in this century. That doesn't help,either.
    All joking aside,I would like to know what the motivation is- Too lazy to shave? Diggin' that Harvard prof look? What? These two guys are a bit too sensitive to my questions,so maybe someone knows

Chicks dig them. I shave when I have to for an occasion or about once a month.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    I had one for years, I liked the look. I still had to shave every day to keep it from where I didn't want it. Thinking about it again for the winter now, it's damn cold already... The wife hates it though...
    Animal likes this.

Decided to convert my scruffy face from 10-days in the deer woods into a beard after maybe 8 or 10 years off daily shaving. Used to grow one yearly; quit when gray started showing up. Chicks said I looked way younger shaved, but I don't care about that anymore.

Getting lots of reaction in the office from people who had no idea of my alter ego (the one who rides a dirt bike, bow hunts, etc). Kinda cool being a bit of a rebel. Beards come and they go; no biggie.
    Animal likes this.
    What, me worry?

I'm too lazy to shave, and I hate the ingrown hairs when I do have to shave for some reason.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    beard in the winter because it keeps my face warmer, clean shaven and cool in the summer. Its like a fur coat.

Our place in Tennessee has no running water in the outdoor shower. Try shaving in the dark with cold water and soon you will say the heck with it. I did and after coming home to hot water and lights several ladies told me the beard looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Landser View Post

One of mine-

You have issues, bro. Pet department at Walmart has a bag of clear glass dohickeys that look like squashed marbles. You might find one handy as a self-focusing belly button window.

Gulfrider and billyedtimmy like this.

Interesting answers,fellas.
    And Querty-I'm damn sure not your bro. Sounds to me like you have experience with those glass dohickies,care to share that with us?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links