Lane Splitting - Good Or Bad - What Do You Think?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Lane Splitting - Good Or Bad - What Do You Think?

Lane Splitting - Good Or Bad - What Do You Think?

A wreck from lane splitting on this one. Wreckless driving is really what this guy is doing, not properly lane splitting at all. He pays for it.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/watch-l...193051080.html

Motorcycle lane splitting will change your life, not end it.

What do you think?
    Do you lane split?

I have before, but don't live in California at the moment. If the traffic is moving at 25 or more miles an hour, I would stay in the lane; stopped or slow, I will lane split.
    Last edited by littletommy; 12-09-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I do not.

What do you think? I think that the guy in the video was going much faster than is generally recommended for safe lane sharing and did not allow a sufficient time/space cushion to react when the car ahead of him changed lanes.

Do you lane split? Very, very rarely and only when the traffic is either completely stopped or barely crawling along.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, he sure wasn't driving with any sense.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

NO-NO-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!! Never have and never will... OMM.
    Gulfrider likes this.

Lane splitting, great time saver and if you follow the guidelines safe enough.
    Anytime I ride in traffic I'll split lanes. I believe when stopping at lights moving up
    to the front will keep some clown on da phone from whacking you from behind.
    Reckless lane splitting at speed? I leave that to immortals, death dreamers and fools.
    Hidden Content
    Tonto
    on the "Left Coast"
    2015 BMW F700GS
    2005 Yamaha V Star 1100
    2018 Suzuki Van Van
    More Wagging and less Barking
    Make Love not War

I am used to lane seeing splitting in California and other countries. In low speed congested traffic situations it seems like a reasonable use of more of the roadway. It is just one of the greater rewards that come along with the greater risks of motorcycling. Having said that it I'll admit it is not something I do.
    Car and truck drivers need a little experience to reduce risks to cyclists. For many american drivers being surprised by an upcoming lane splitter causes brain fade akin to their first encounter with a traffic circle. In other counties metropolises moto-boy deliveries and lane splitting commuters are so very common that drivers quickly learn to keep arms inside their vehicles during rush hour(s). At least I did..
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I lanesplitted once in NY when the traffic wasn't moving. When i got to the front, the guy in the pickup truck next to me didn't approve and floored his truck when the light turned green.

Posted this yesterday on Facebook with appropriate comments...this guy was an idiot, the fool following him with camera on, was as well, an idiot....after I retired from Environmental Health work and delivered RV/Motorhomes for a few years...I got to watch these fools and the stupid Mexifornia Law that allows them to do it on the I 5 and other super highways during morning rush hour....didn't like what I saw then, and still don't. Just another example how some people can't handle "freedom" and abuse what they are given.

Here in Ohio recently they increased the speed limit back up to 70 on the Interstate Systems...so instead of the fools driving 75-80, now you see them heading down I-75 between Wapak and Dayton, cruising at 85 or more while texting and yapping on the phone....Gawd Damn Fools they all are, and I'm sure not some old blue hair puttering along at 55 on the Interstate....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

The only time I lane split was with two motor officers when traffic stopped on the beltway.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links