Hunting 2014
Close
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Hunting 2014

Hunting 2014

Hunting with Top Predator

Though I would share our 2014 hunt in West Virginia with you all. I'm a member of a hunt club established in 1964 where I'm one of 28 members. We own 400 acres on top of a mountain. Many of the members own adjoining farms totaling close to 2500 plus Acres. Hunting season opened the week of thanksgiving and we totaled 30 hunters Monday morning. Our club hunts collectively the first week. We organize man drives and boy we can move some deer. The first day we shot 8 bucks and 1 doe. We normally organize 3 to 4 drives a day and they average from about 2 to 4 hours each with various terrains. Second day 5 bucks 2 doe's, third day 3 bucks 3 doe's, 4th 1 buck 1 doe, 5th 1 buck and Saturday 2 doe's. The success of the deer killed dwindles do to our success, lose of hunters participating and the deer hiding in areas where we don't hunt. The comradery and friendships from the farmers and friends is priceless. I joined this club in 1986 and it has been a family tradition every year with five of my six kids.
    We stay in a one room Schoolhouse built in 1875 and I park my Mom's Scamp next to the Schoolhouse as an annex. We have a wood stove and a two holer outhouse.
    The schoolhouse has the original blackboard and teachers podium. When I was first introduced to the club and stayed in the schoolhouse. There were guys that had attended school in this schoolhouse. The stories were incredible and they always kept me fascinated.
    These are pictures of the farm it gets a little muddy in the winter. In the summer it's used to pasture the cows. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    If I知 ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Looks like a wonderful place to take your kids hunting.

Sooo, did you get a deer?
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

These are pictures inside the Schoolhouse on spaghetti night. My Son and I played music and everyone hangs out and parties

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Borneo and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    If I知 ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The second day we got 8 inches of snow. This is some of the hunters loaded up for the next deer drive. Also my daughters deer that day

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Mel
    Those can be some of the best hunting trips or occasions. Its memories those children will never forget, and you will wish you could get back someday, believe me.
    Mel
    TopPredator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Looks like a wonderful place to take your kids hunting.

Sooo, did you get a deer?
    I shot 3, the first one I head shot at 150 yards. To gross to post. I had my 243 meat gun re barreled and its a tack driver. 9 point and a buck with his horns broken off. Our acorn crop was poor last year and all the heavy snow made for brittle and poor racks.
    ZDR1 likes this.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Hunting with Top Predator

Though I would share our 2014 hunt in West Virginia with you all. I'm a member of a hunt club established in 1964 where I'm one of 28 members. We own 400 acres on top of a mountain. Many of the members own adjoining farms totaling close to 2500 plus Acres. Hunting season opened the week of thanksgiving and we totaled 30 hunters Monday morning. Our club hunts collectively the first week. We organize man drives and boy we can move some deer. The first day we shot 8 bucks and 1 doe. We normally organize 3 to 4 drives a day and they average from about 2 to 4 hours each with various terrains. Second day 5 bucks 2 doe's, third day 3 bucks 3 doe's, 4th 1 buck 1 doe, 5th 1 buck and Saturday 2 doe's. The success of the deer killed dwindles do to our success, lose of hunters participating and the deer hiding in areas where we don't hunt. The comradery and friendships from the farmers and friends is priceless. I joined this club in 1986 and it has been a family tradition every year with five of my six kids.
    We stay in a one room Schoolhouse built in 1875 and I park my Mom's Scamp next to the Schoolhouse as an annex. We have a wood stove and a two holer outhouse.
    The schoolhouse has the original blackboard and teachers podium. When I was first introduced to the club and stayed in the schoolhouse. There were guys that had attended school in this schoolhouse. The stories were incredible and they always kept me fascinated.
    These are pictures of the farm it gets a little muddy in the winter. In the summer it's used to pasture the cows. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Is that a his and hers head do you hold hands and pass the TP.
    TopPredator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    The second day we got 8 inches of snow. This is some of the hunters loaded up for the next deer drive. Also my daughters deer that day

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    I only seen one hard core hunter I thought you had twins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Those can be some of the best hunting trips or occasions. Its memories those children will never forget, and you will wish you could get back someday, believe me.
    Mel
    I have 5 kids that hunt. Now Ages 18 to 34. I started them hunting when they were all around 5. I started taking them squirrel hunting before sun up. They loved it. My twin girls both shot deer at age 9. We all still enjoy hunting together every year.
    Mel likes this.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Is that a his and hers head do you hold hands and pass the TP.
    Even if it is, it handily beats the his and his and his and his and his and his and his and his, ones we used in the first gulf war. There were more linear feet of fly paper than toilet paper in those crappers.

Tom
    TopPredator likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links