Tu250
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Tu250

Tu250

Well, I don't have spousal approval, but I do have what I sense to be spousal resignation. Plus I found a 2012 with 1 mile on it, and a person willing to deal.

Why? Well, it is sort of TWish, isn't it? Besides I have to take Z on a retirement trip to Alaska and we all know he will choose his DR, so I can't ride mine. Be like adult twins dressing the same. And it appeals to my old school mentality. I remember when a 250 was a big bike, and an ADV bike was a CB with a homemade skid plate. Good enough for me. It's been a year. I didn't have the money then, arguably I don't have it now, but the squeeze isn't as tight. Time is right.

Besides, it lets me link a really good website you may not have discovered. CMG TU250X long term wrap up - Canada Moto Guide

I'm short about 700 bucks. I'll keep you posted.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Crazy ain't it Mike? I did it in 1980 on my Cx500 (1979) and enjoyed every minute of that summer. Later I hid a Colt .38 super (some might question this choice, but if you research it, you will see why it was a wise caliber...and remember we had no internet in those days.) under the seat and went to Panama. Yeah, I think I am wussing out too. I really think I should ride a Sym Wolf 150, but I'm ageing brother, so I'm thinking the Tu. It's not an adventure to me to ride it Mike. Unless I make it one. I've been to Alaska so many times I lost count. I have no life desire to ever ride a big bike anywhere anymore. Done that. What I want is to ride a little bike, a bike any man with a day job can afford, anywhere I point my arrow. It's like wood gun stocks and blued steel. I can't defend my choice. I can merely state it as my choice.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Missed it. I think Z has a 650, as do I.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by ZDR1; 12-20-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Pissy TU 250

Attachment 12349
    ZDR1 likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I've lived too large too long Mike. Time to tie one arm behind my back and make it fun again.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Let's play a game Mike. From what little I know of you, you are a long time, experienced rider and traveler. Tell me this. Where could you not ride that bike if you decided you wanted to?
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Large bodies of water don't count.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

That 249 cc FI will not have a problem doing the trip 80 miles to the gallon and a 3.2 gal tank. we will have to stay off the freeways and carry a spare rear tire to make it home.

Quote Originally Posted by TW2013 View Post
    Dang it, my first thought was...the Everglades. But in reality, I honestly don't think there is anywhere that I could not ride...if I wanted to. Other than politcial borders, war zones, etc., the topography is not going to stop me, and I can endure most weather (prefer cold rather than heat). If I am being 100 % honest...I believe I can ride on any road, or trail that anyone else has already ridden on. I am not great at "trials" riding, but very taken by the way some of the trials riders handle their bikes. Given that I have ridden on every Continent, including Antarctica, the only places I have intentionally avoided are the war zones of the Middle east, and some of the rebel countries in Africa.

I know where I "prefer" to ride, and where I would rather not ride, but given enough time & resources, I believe I could ride anywhere..."if" I wanted to.

I also believe the same goes for you...right?

So, let's find a 4th rider, and make an Alaskan trip in 2015...eh? If you two decide to take your matching DR 650s, I'm sure I can find something comparable in my stable.

Mike
    I retire 7/2016.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links