Police Lives Matter
Close

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Police Lives Matter

Police Lives Matter

My blue Christmas lights are up to render honor to recent fallen officers. Despicable hate crime.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

All lives matter.

TuggerHiller, Peterb and macbig2k1 like this.

Yes, I suppose I agree that all lives matter. But I also share my father's belief that one can behave so despicably as to forfeit that life.
    Hekkler likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I typed "all lives matter," not "all lives should be preserved." I certainly believe some people deserve a good killing.

For instance, Treyvon, no. He was simply minding his own business, but did have a hand in escalation. What if he had simply pulled out a phone and dialed 911 rather than fight? Two bad attitudes do not make for a peaceful resolution.

Michael got away with too much and got less misery than he deserved. He initiated violence and Wilson had a right to defend himself from a significantly larger threat with the potential for multiple got-your-backs.

Eric's demise is regrettable, but was not intentional. Eric's physical condition was a contributing factor, and I'm sure at 350 pounds the odds are relatively small he had no culpability in destroying his own health. His own choices made it impossible for him to survive that with which he was quite familiar, what with 31 previous arrests. Seven (Eric, 5 arresting officers, and the sergeant on the scene) bad attitudes do not make for a peaceful resolution.

At least, that's what information I've collected seems to indicate. Two of the three simply did not deserve a good killing, but those two both engaged in escalating behavior that went where they did not want to go. Both knew better. Be careful what is asked for.

I typed "all lives matter," not "all lives should be preserved
    And that's exactly how I read it. I knew what you mean't.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Point a gun at a cop and you will get shot! Try to take a cops gun and you will get shot! Resist arrest and you will get arrested no matter how hard you fight back. Right, wrong or indifferent the one creed cops must live by is they can't afford to lose.

The solution is rather simple, teach your children to comply with all orders from law enforcement immediately, like it or not! All of the above would still be alive today if they had.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Eric's daughter showed up at the murder site and stood silent, with a big blue candle. Her simple presence said more than all the noise made by the politicians and race baiters combined. Kudos to her.

Ramjet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    ...The solution is rather simple, teach your children to comply with all orders from law enforcement immediately, like it or not!...GaryL
    With all due respect, I must disagree. While I have a great deal of respect for what they do, they're not perfect either. I've seen too many cops get on a power trip and violate constitutional rights. When LEO breaks the law, we should NOT comply. I believe our founding fathers would agree.
    With that said, I also believe in the simple concept of "don't be stupid." Bad things happen to those who put themselves in bad situations (i.e. I agree with the first part of your post).
    Gerry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart 2 View Post
    With all due respect, I must disagree. While I have a great deal of respect for what they do, they're not perfect either. I've seen too many cops get on a power trip and violate constitutional rights. When LEO breaks the law, we should NOT comply. I believe our founding fathers would agree.
    With that said, I also believe in the simple concept of "don't be stupid." Bad things happen to those who put themselves in bad situations (i.e. I agree with the first part of your post).
    Dead Wrong Mozart! Weather the cop is right or wrong you will never win by fighting with him on the street. Shut up, do what he says and follow up in court later. Yes, some cops are on a power trip but in the instant they have all the authority and you are an idiot to resist!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart 2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Dead Wrong Mozart! Weather the cop is right or wrong you will never win by fighting with him on the street. Shut up, do what he says and follow up in court later. Yes, some cops are on a power trip but in the instant they have all the authority and you are an idiot to resist!

GaryL
    You are both right! Some people deserve to be shot in the groin, and some of those people are cops, and some are 5th generation welfare cheats.

EDIT: Gary, have you tallied the expense of being innocent these days? There is no justice for most people in court. Fighting back against perceived persecution is the only chance some people feel they have. Remember Patrick Henry's "Give me liberty or give me death"? Same thing applies today.

Last edited by qwerty; 12-24-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    TopPredator likes this.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links