Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By Borneo
  • 1 Post By Borneo

Thread: The Fort Wayne Komets

The Fort Wayne Komets

komets.gif

Not sure how much I will be around the rest of this week, but just want to wish all of you guys/gals a Merry Christmas and a great New Year....

I will be with the entire family{minus a youngest sister who lives in Naples, Florida} this Christmas Eve, then our kids and Grandsons on Christmas Day....this weekend more family fun in Cincinnati at an indoor Water Park....then next Monday, it's me and Mrs Hoot to see the most successful Minor League Hockey Team around, the Ft. Wayne Komets....and finally wrapping up the New Year, as me and a few of my friends spend two days in LaOtto, Indiana, { a dozen miles from Borneo} watching bowl games, Ice fishing, and cigar smoking, craft beer drinking, tradition, which we do annually ....

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR, TW GANG
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Pat, Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas right back at you. We'll all go back on diets come January.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Hoot, have a nice holiday, drive safely out there, don't do anything I wouldn't do and everything I would! Don't eat too much, watch your diet, and tell your family you love them this holiday!

Hurry back.

littletommy
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ice fishing? I suggest you bring your own ice since we don't have any over here and I doubt Laotto does because as you say it's only a dozen miles away. As for the Komets, I used to go see them quite a bit when I was younger...like when Terry Pembroke played for them. Back then my uncle had killer seats and was friends with several of the players. Disregard Fred, eat like a pig, it will make my own suffering through the Holidays on a diet more meaningful and and help me maintain my smug attitude.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Ice fishing? I suggest you bring your own ice since we don't have any over here and I doubt Laotto does because as you say it's only a dozen miles away. As for the Komets, I used to go see them quite a bit when I was younger...like when Terry Pembroke played for them. Back then my uncle had killer seats and was friends with several of the players. Disregard Fred, eat like a pig, it will make my own suffering through the Holidays on a diet more meaningful and and help me maintain my smug attitude.
    Yep, when I re~read that....I sez to myself.."Ice Fishing?....you damn fool, Rick's Pond ain't likely got no ice on it....and if it covers over by New Year's Day it won't be thick enough to go out on"....so we will sit in the shelter house, drink beers, smoke a cigar, and fish for the Blue Gill and Large Mouth that are in his pond in large numbers....and since they are his "pets"{treats the damn things like kids}, we will release all we catch....

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

Learned my lesson on releasing all the bluegills and even the bass on our family ponds. Unless they are non-reproducing hybrids of course. No worries though, he starts seeing a stunting problem he need only call me. I love to catch and eat bluegills. It's only 12 miles....
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Years back we had to fish Grandpa's pond hard because the bluegills were stunted. I gathered up the boys and we worked on them one summer. I couldn't waste them so we cleaned and fried those little rascals. Lots of work. We called it "gill-chipping" since the fillets were like potato chips.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Rick's Place 008.JPGRick's Place 005.JPG

While Last Year on New Year's Day the Ice was thick on Rick's Pond and covered with a foot of new snow which fell on NYD and January 2nd....I'm sure this year even if it turns cold next week, we won't be standing on the pond.....or ice fishing of any kind...there is however a shelter house across the pond and we can take a few minutes off from food, beer, and bowl watching, to drown a few flies.

Hidden Content

Yeah, last year was like when I was a kid. We were drilling through 24-26" of ice in some places. Most years in the recent past I wouldn't see over 8"
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Sponosred Links