Which slippers?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Which slippers?

Which slippers?

The pink bunnies like the ones I had before that fell apart, the brown bunnies with lop ears that are warmer, or the Monty Python Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog pair with sharp teeth and chomping jaws?

Treat yourself to a nice pair lined with shearling. Like these LL Bean models.

Attachment 12479

Like Sargent Edgar (my father) and Colonel Potter from MASH used to say...a good soldier takes care of his feet. Occasionally its perfectly OK to be as generous with yourself as you are with others.

Men's Wicked Good and reg; Lodge Chukkas: Men's Slippers | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean
    TopPredator likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Kaddidle and Fred like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Borneo, I have a pair of similar slippers at home (what of it is complete), a handmade gift from a former student. Little more than fur-lined moccasins, but they spoil my tootsies. Barely show any wear at all and they are 15 years old. Walking around is what killed my bunny slippers. I need something to keep my feet warm in the truck, never take more than two steps in them, but easy on and off in cramped spaces, so the bunny slippers are better suited to the mission objective.

The mental image is incomparable. Gruff guy in a big truck, roaming the highway in his unseen bunny slippers. Never suspect it...except for his hat.

Attachment 12483
    Fred and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Gruff? Me? I've been mellowing out in my old age?

Dude, I would wear that hat if I had one. Off to google.

Edit: Never mind. $20 plus sales tax plus shipping and handling is too much to pay for zazzle (lack of) quality. I'll press my own next time I'm home.

Last edited by qwerty; 12-25-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    Borneo likes this.

I spend more time in slippers than in boots, house rules! This summer on the way home from North Woods Maine we stopped at the LL Bean outlet. The slippers linked by Borneo were on sale for $79 and my wife wanted to get them for me. Sadly, I hate slippers that I can't slip in to, kind of defeats the purpose and name. I fall out of bed right in to my slippers and have no use for ones I have to bend over or lift my leg to get on and tied. Too bad because they are a great and very well made pair if that is your idea of lounging foot wear. I always go for the standard Moc types and immediately remove the leather tie string. LL Bean makes some high quality Mocs and my last pair made it every bit of 12 years.

GL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Wife purchased these as a Christmas Present back in 2004....and trust me, I wear them nearly every night and morning...house is wood floors with area rugs and basement is unfinished 90+ years old and damp....these things are even worn out the backyard path to feed the Squirrels and Birds in my back yard....they are something special and I would recommend them to anybody...LL Bean is the answer to your comfort foot needs{IMO}

Slippers 001.JPG
    GaryL likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Wife purchased these as a Christmas Present back in 2004....and trust me, I wear them nearly every night and morning...house is wood floors with area rugs and basement is unfinished 90+ years old and damp....these things are even worn out the backyard path to feed the Squirrels and Birds in my back yard....they are something special and I would recommend them to anybody...LL Bean is the answer to your comfort foot needs{IMO}

Slippers 001.JPG
    They are the exact ones I practically live in!

GL
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I've been wearing Croc's or copies of them for 4 years. I actual bought for kayaking. I ruin every slipper by going outside in them. They do not keep my feet warm nor do they last - the little grip they have wears off fast. But they have more cushion/height in the heel. That helps me walk- walking barefoot isn't an option for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links