New Years Day Plans?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New Years Day Plans?

New Years Day Plans?

Just wondering what some members do on New Years Day? Hangovers not withstanding from the night before, what are your plans....?

For most years in the past 30 I usually head for my buddy Rick's place in NE Indiana....Rick and I were the Best Man at each other's weddings, worked as Carry Out Boys at our first jobs in High School at the local Marsh Supermarket in Celina, both ended up as Military Police post HS....him in the Army, and me in the Air Force....we headed off to Athens, Ohio, in the Mid 70s to finish up our studies at Ohio U, and along with a couple of other Celina buddies, Nick{going to Moab} and Clint{coming to Rick's on NYD} lived together off campus....

Anyway, we usually get together all day New Year's Day...drink beer, lots of it, eat plenty of food, snacks, etc...and maybe smoke a Cigar....the past half dozen years, we now just spend the night....Rick and wife have 17 acres about 12 miles from where Borneo lives, and a few thousand square feet to room around in, now that their nest is empty....we just spend the night, so as not to be out on the highways after we and others have been partaking in adult beverages....always a good time.

This year I will plan on stopping by Boreno's Ranch on Friday, and see/meet for the first time in person, the guy several of us will be sharing a cabin with in Moab....as well as discussing the pros and cons of the changes to make in the 2014 tw before we head out to Utah....

That's my plans....What Say You? And no, I will not be hung over, I can't remember the last time I went out on New Years Eve....in fact I seldom make it till Midnight these days...
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I'll be cleaning guns and watching the Twilight Zone Marathon. I'll occasionally flip over to the Honeymooners Marathon.

NYD is the day all the guns come out of storage and get cleaned and inspected. The rust monster must be kept at bay.
    Hoot Gibson and Dryden-Tdub like this.

14 hours of overtime. Yeah.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    An idiot with a thesaurus is still an idiot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Heading for Arizona in about 2 hours. Drive until about 12:00, park it before the revelers begin staggering out to their vehicles, hit the road again at 10:00. Get there Friday. 1967 mile expedited HAZMAT run. $$$$$$$

Hoot, means a lot to me that you and your friends party hearty yet responsibly. Have a great time.

Hoot Gibson likes this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Please be careful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Heading for Arizona in about 2 hours. Drive until about 12:00, park it before the revelers begin staggering out to their vehicles, hit the road again at 10:00. Get there Friday. 1967 mile expedited HAZMAT run. $$$$$$$

Hoot, means a lot to me that you and your friends party hearty yet responsibly. Have a great time.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
    14 hours of overtime. Yeah.
    Ditto.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Best laid plans. Tire exploded, wiped out fender. Waiting for service truck.

go to bed early new years eve so I can hit the new years early. Decided the shop is gonna be closed new years so Im gonna hit the pedals hard. supposed to be clear weather, so road, mountain, fat bike, or what ever it takes ill be out making tracks! Be safe out there folks.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Chilly Challenge Bicycle tour. 25 mile ride and then hot chili made by the various contestants. High of 29 and mostly sunny...much better than some years past. Polar plunge on the 31st, at least they won't be cutting ice this year.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

^^^^^^Video or it didn't happen
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links