Woohooo!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Woohooo!

Woohooo!

^%$%^^&&$% company found the paperwork for this last pick up in Tuscon. They've sent a truck to another warehouse to pick up the poop. Two days of bull snot to get this truck loaded. This driver will not pull for this company again.

Headed your way, Gary and Dryden. Rolling past Hoot and Borneo so fast the wind will knock them off their porches.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    ^%$%^^&&$% company found the paperwork for this last pick up in Tuscon. They've sent a truck to another warehouse to pick up the poop. Two days of bull snot to get this truck loaded. This driver will not pull for this company again.

Headed your way, Gary and Dryden. Rolling past Hoot and Borneo so fast the wind will knock them off their porches.
    Where ya headed Q? I'm out on the road now running service calls.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

This load delivers to Vermont. I'm supposed to be back on my dedicated route on Monday so I expect a T-call notice before getting that far. Maybe drop it in Indiana or Ohio is all I'll get out of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    qwerty, are you an owner/operator or do you drive someone else's truck?

O/O, leased. Got a really good deal from someone looking for a bailout for medical reasons and paid the truck off in just a few months.

I work hard to make shippers and consignees happy. Pays off for the company, so my dispatcher usually takes care of me. This is a new account so I was asked to test the waters. Dispatcher already said he will approach the fleet manager so he will kick me a bonus to compensate. The turnover rate in trucking is about 90% per year and companies take good care of high performing drivers no matter who owns the truck.

Like my BIL, he is the go to guy when loads are dropped. When driver will not go in a state or isn't allow out. Usually warrants for child support. Or prior convictions for certain felonies prevent them from delivering. Lot of driver's can't cross into Canada. He has clean record so he has most of those. Or those that just decide to walk away from a delivery. They fly him out to procure loads. This is one of his loads. Orange and Black is for Harley Davidson. Think I've posted it before.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    O/O, leased. Got a really good deal from someone looking for a bailout for medical reasons and paid the truck off in just a few months.

I work hard to make shippers and consignees happy. Pays off for the company, so my dispatcher usually takes care of me. This is a new account so I was asked to test the waters. Dispatcher already said he will approach the fleet manager so he will kick me a bonus to compensate. The turnover rate in trucking is about 90% per year and companies take good care of high performing drivers no matter who owns the truck.
    I'm sure trucking has changed quite a bit in the last 30 years. In the mid 80's I ran the maintenance side for a fellow that owned three moving and storage franchises. We had a couple of O/O's pulling our vans 48 states and then local crews. His son sold Christmas trees every year and at Thanksgiving I would head up to N. Calif with one of our tractor trailer rigs and get the first load of trees. Scales were usually closed and I would run two log books... I'm sure you know the drill. Haven't been involved with trucking for 25 years or so.

Can't run two log books anymore. Everything is electronic. Way too many restrictions on work hours, drive hours, and soon to come: Mandatory 62mph governors on all trucks. Be prepared for a de facto 62mph speed limit on all highways due to rolling roadblocks. Your unelected government dumbasses at work.

Probably safer... I used to do Federal inspections, the big issues back then were driver fatigue and old poorly maintained equipment.

Actually, the issues then were stupidity and greed and stupidity and greed. Nothing's changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links