My friends barn burned
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: My friends barn burned

My friends barn burned

Down last night. Lost all his equipment and hay for animals- but animals all survived. A few are a little less hairy. With the cold and wind the cows need shelter he is hoping to get a mobile shed/lean to tomorrow. No water yet for animals either. Neighbor brought him a round bale of hay so they are fed. He'll haul buckets of water but it will freeze fast. Rich from Ina store came to give value of tractors and equipment lost. He pulled in as I was leaving- I said I didn't have anything to do with the loss of tractor this time. Yep one was the replacement for the tractor I was hit on. Now it's going to be replaced.

rbm
    Best of luck to your friend Paddi, sorry to hear the news. Any idea ow the fire started?

Mike thank-you
    He has insurance adjuster will be out Friday weather permitting. He is mostly worried that with forecasted weather he won't be able to get cows shelter and keep water as a liquid. Neighbors are giving him hay. But he lost both his tractors and backhoe.
    RBM
    Than-you
    It was an old barn but mostly been re done. 2 year old metal roof. Wiring is suspect but that's an always.
    Barn was gone when alerted to fire. But fire department must be called and do a"minimum" for insurance to be happy. I didn't know this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Although it is very sad this happened to anyone. We are thankful our beloved member Cherrie is ok!
    Padilen, Dryden-Tdub and Hekkler like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Unfortunate. I wonder why? Wolfy will bear me out on this (I think) in the old days, barns burned for limited reasons, lightening if they didn't have grounded rods, mis-use of lanterns, and mostly because of green hay. If you don't salt hay well and you put it away green and wet it generates heat like you could never imagine. Seems too late in season for that. Anyway, glad he is taking care of the animals, it's cold in these parts right now. Call the Amish, they can do a barn in a day.

Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Yup, a neighbor rolled some hay up that was a little to wet & it burned two of those big open-sided hay sheds with the I-beam girders into a shapeless pretzel of twisted iron. It had been stored for over a month before spontaneous combustion heated it enough for it to actually burst into flames.
    Borneo likes this.

Hay (hey) Wolfy, are you going to haul out to Moab and ride with us?
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

That sounds like a lot of fun......I've been looking at a few of the videos of the rides through that area, but it looks like I have another 'bump in the road' to take care of first. I had a total replacement of my right hip about 5 years ago and now I think the other one is following suit.......doctor's appointment with my old silhouette shooting buddy/surgeon on the 14th for X-rays to make sure. It will mean more physical therapy before I can even swing a leg over the seat of the newly acquired TW, but I will attack the therapy sessions with a vengeance before riding weather gets here. One thing right after another, it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    ........ Call the Amish, they can do a barn in a day.
    THAT was amazing!!!!!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Hell, wolfy, postpone it. Think about it. You are in a great position. Can't really break something that's already broke.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links