High Above Lava Falls- Who's been here?
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 1 Post By qwerty
  • 1 Post By Fred

Thread: High Above Lava Falls- Who's been here?

High Above Lava Falls- Who's been here?

Another rarely visited spectacular spot with National park status but no hassles..no signs, no guardrails, no graffiti, no litter, and yes that first 3,000 ft down to the Colorado is if not vertical actually overhung in places. One can continue the troglodyte theme by camping beneath stone overhangs to escape searing sun with spectacular views to relax by. Somewhere to the east of Mt Trumbill are some rock art panels painted and styled very much like Australian aboriginal art from 20,000 years ago that has archeologists in fits, they think it best to ignore since it pokes the sacred cows of "Clovis First" and "Bearing Straights Land Bridge". I could not find them, would love to locate but my crude map didn't work, got lost..

.tuweep_mainpg.jpg1-colorado-river-from-toroweap-overlook-tim-fitzharris.jpgtoroweap-overlook-sunset-leland-howard.jpgToroweap-campground-web.jpgimages.jpeg
    I gotta admit the second picture is sure dramatic. I was there for a full moon and wandering around there after moonrise was magical. Spooky getting very close to edge, doubly so with two dogs on leashes.
    Last edited by Fred; 01-11-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    docjekyll2002 likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I think I just found a picture of one of you guys while hunting photos of rock art I mentioned. Anyone recognize this intrepid TW explorer?..
    P4040027-L.jpgimages-2.jpeg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

I believe bdub has been there. I got within 10 miles or so and it had been raining hard and a creek flooded the road after hanging around for a while it didnt go down so we turned around. We were in a rental car. That area is about as remote as it gets in the U.S.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think the rider is "RedRockRider" out of St. George from Advrider. Sorta recognize the helmet and the saddle bags. But I'm not 100% sure it's him.
    Fred likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

The Bearing Land Bridge existed way before 12,000 years ago. That was when it flooded. It was dry or iced for 28,000 years or so before that. Archeologists are not very good at negative numbers, or so it seems.

Fred likes this.

If we accept that the aborigines could boat to Australia 60,000 years ago I do not see why similar primitive peoples couldn't follow a frozen northern coastline from Asia to the americas throughout pre-history. "Bridges!? we don't need no stinking land bridges".
    Linguists say 14,000 years is not long enough for the evolution of multitude of dialects in the Americas. Geneticists speak of 4 distinct lines inferring multiple waves from differing parts of Asia. Lots of inferred evidence to keep armchair outlaw archeology fans such as myself intrigued.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

The original peoples of the north were paddling bone and skin kayaks across the Bearing Straight long before any Europeans reached North America.

Who needs a land bridge, anyway. Sea ice often has been sufficient to traverse the Arctic Ocean, and it hasn't been that long ago that expeditions of Europeans actually made the journey.

Therefore, I expect that several waves of people from northeast Asia is probably right.

Sponosred Links