Changing Forum?
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Changing Forum?

Changing Forum?

What started out a simple TW based forum focusing on technical aspects has evolved into an interesting community of individuals sharing thoughts and experiences well beyond the two wheeled premise of the forum. I find this an interesting evolution. I enjoy the friendly banter back and forth more than I ever thought possible.
    Heaven help the new member who visits just to find a good engine oil recommendation! He/she must think " Who are these Loonies and why are they talking about guns and trucking and what-not? How do I find recommended chain slack amongst all this noise?"
    Well all I can say is join in the fun, we don't bite. An overwhelming number of members never post anything. I was that way for some time, now I am a frequent contributor, or trouble-maker depending on your perspective.
    I just mention this after contemplating changes I have seen especially this last year. I approve wholeheartedly.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I agree Fred, I have learned to overcome my extreme shyness thanks to this "Basement" forum..
    MSWRC, Smitty Blackstone and Mel like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Well, as you know Fred, ever since I came here almost a year ago, I try very hard to keep my posts strictly technical and and completely related to the TW200...so you can't blame me.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Origins. Fred, read post #23 here, and if you are really curious then backtrack to the original thread it came from. https://tw200forum.com/forum/off-topi...-2014-a-3.html One day something just changed. The climate became playful and people started acting like old friends...heck, I don't know. The Guyana/heated vest quote was from billmags. Totally hilarious. It was in a (highly unpopular at the time) thread I started basically stating all the reasons not to buy a TW if I remember correctly. Anyway, it was the responses to that thread where I first started to notice the change. Not that I really have any idea. But as I stated in the linked post, it was what kept me around.
    Fred likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    I agree Fred, I have learned to overcome my extreme shyness thanks to this "Basement" forum..
    Hoot??!! Extreme Shyness??!!
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
    Borneo, Fred and Hoot Gibson like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Well, as you know Fred, ever since I came here almost a year ago, I try very hard to keep my posts strictly technical and and completely related to the TW200...so you can't blame me.

Uh Huh......right...
    Borneo, Fred and Hoot Gibson like this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I couldn't agree more!

For me the evolution is simple... there is little to no need to post technical questions or even things that I have done to my ride. It's already there. Like what if you want to know what oil to use, there are like 30 maybe 130 threads on oil. So why start another one, just read the old ones. I have always found what I needed when I have a problem or technical question. Only once did I feel the need to post a technical question, but as the conversation evolved, I kept querying the forum and I found that the answer was there all along.

What I find amazing is despite the banter, people here seem to have a lot more in common than not, Hoot's inability to express himself not withstanding.

I don't even know why they allow some of you people to stay.
    I just snorted my coffee. Coming from you that is hilarious.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

^^^REALLY!^^^

'Ol' Cro had to almost break the walls down to get back in...
    but we're glad he did.

*he sure has been a good boy lately though, hasn't he?

Another of young Cro from the family album.

Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links